「 Timeless 」

"..... and that's how you time travel. Well at least that's what the book said." Kumiko sighed when he finished explaining. "That really doesn't explain much Sato." She whined. "And it definitely doesn't explain my dreams. I didn't time travel."

"Kumi, nothing can explain your dreams." He laughed as he noticed her scrunched up face. "But," he continued. A spark of hope glistened in her eyes as she waited for him to continue.

"A psychology book might help you." He ended in more laughter which was muffled as a pillow hit his face.

It was around 3 in the afternoon when Kumi had invited her best friend Hisato over to tell him about yet another one of her weird dreams. Weird why? Because she couldn't explain her surroundings, or the people she was with. The only clue she had was of a guy she always saw.

Not like she could remember what he looked like either. All she knew was that he had long blonde hair that was tied up at the top and flowed freely at the sides. And that's how she ended up with such conversations with Hisato who for some reason decided that time travelling was the cause of her dreams.

Kumiko got off the bed and made her way towards her laptop. "What book was it again?" Hisato moved to where she was at, "Oh so you do agree with my theory."

She glared at him waiting for an answer, "I absolutely do not." She thought before she continued, "Just merely curious." Hisato waved his hands in the air as he grabbed a chair to sit beside her. "Whatever makes you happy."

"The name Sato, like today." He grinned but then finally told her the name. "The Time Traveller's Guide."

"Do you actually expect me to believe that's the name?" She turned to look at him. He raised his hand in mock surrender, "I swear I would never lie to you." And he wouldn't.

Miko was a precious friend and though at times he'd make fun of her, he always wanted what's best for her.

She just huffed in response and typed the name onto google. After looking through the sites for a while she sighed.

"Well there's nothing here" she responded half-heartedly, "I doubt you actually read the book you know."

"On the contrary Miko, I did read. Go check the library for the book tomorrow. You'll see I'm right." He checked the time before leaving. As much as he wanted to stay, he knew if he did, neither of them would get their work done for school the next day.

Since she had nothing left to do besides homework, she grabbed her earphones and took a seat by the window. Did she have homework? Yes, she did.

Did she know that Sato left so she could finish it? Yes, she did.

But was she going to do it? Absolutely not.

She'd rather sit by the window listening to songs as she stared at the birds. The strong smell of moist earth made her think it would rain soon. "I hope he gets home before the rain comes down."

She soon fell asleep and the only thing you could hear was light, rhythmic, tapping sound of rain.

——————————

"Miko... Wake up. It's like 12 child, if I hadn't come over you'd sleep the day away."

"Go away" she mumbled while still half asleep. She suddenly felt herself being lifted off whatever she was on and thrown on a soft mattress. "At least go to sleep on the bed and not at the window." The voice grumbled as they sat down beside her.