Chapter 4

No, no, no, NO!

If only I just presented my own poem! If only someone else was called on! If only Ms. Appleberry knew I was lying! If only Nina told Ms. Appleberry!

I'm going insane over this! I can't tell them that I wasn't actually the smartest in A.M.O.T! They'll probably kill me! All I have to do is so what they tell me to, and then they'll let me go... they have to.

"Uh... h-how come you need me? None of y-you guys are smart enough..?" I ask.

The boss looks at me kinda coldly.

"Please, I figured out my parents names weren't 'Mom' and 'Dad' when I was three."

Damn, he really is smart!

"I wish I could say the same..." I said, looking down.

"Why? Cuz you wished you had some more brain? Trust me, no one's smarter than the boss." Cody says.

"N-no..." I say. "I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-It's j-j-j-just b-b-because... m-my p-p-p-parent's d-d-d-died i-i-in a r-r-rabid t-teletubby a-a-a-attack five y-y-years b-before I w-was even b-born... 🥺 u-u-u-u-uwu..."

"Oh." Cody says, without any emotion. "Sorry."

The boss looked at me again with his dog shit colored eyes.

"I think I told you that my brother left, so we're a person short. And we needed someone smart, so that's why we chose you."

That honestly makes a lot of sense, but...
I'M NOT THE SMARTEST. IT'S NINA. SHE SHOULD'VE BEEN THE ONE TO BE KIDNAPPED.

"W-will I ever get to see my friends or family?" I ask.

The boss takes another puff from his cigarette.

"Probably not." He says, not even looking at me.

"Ohhh, pooooookieeee!" I hear a woman's voice call out.

A woman wearing a swimsuit runs toward the boss from the the right of his chair.

She sits down on his lap.

"How do I look? 😘" She asks him.

"Gorgeous." I hear Cody say behind me.

She looks at angrily and stomps to him, stopping on front of him.

"YOU PERV!" she yells at Cody. "I WAS TALKING TO MY POOKIE DOOKIE! NOT YOU, YOU LOWLIFE!"

"You look great, cucumber nugget." The boss says, looking down to light a new cigarette.

The woman turns around.

"You really think so, pookie bear?" She says in a flattered voice.

Wow, what a sociopath. She changed her attitude within seconds! I mean, a normal person would probably still be mad at Cody.