6

Black clouded my vision.
—————————————————————————

I was temporarily floating, when my feet touched the ground moments later I opened my eyes. I was in an apartment.
Looking around, the apartment was quite plain: cream walls and not many decorations. I spotted a bookshelf in the corner next to a small table, a hallway led to another two rooms I assumed were a bedroom and a bathroom.
I nearly fell over as I felt a weight on my back, I turned around and saw Mephisto slumped over me, unconscious.
'He's definitely going n quite a bit of pain' I thought as I gently placed him on a small couch in the corner.

I looked through the other rooms until I found the bathroom, I rummaged around and thankfully found a first aid kit. I rushed back to Mephisto and began slowly taking of his uniform? Costume? You get the idea. ' he's so hot-NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR THIS, I need to help him' I poured disinfectant onto a small towel and started cleaning the wound. Mephisto flinched from time to time signifying his discomfort.

I propped him up against my chest and ran the ball of bandages around his torso (feelin him up but we don't talk about that). I added the final layer and knotted the bandages together. He had passed out from exhaustion at some point in the bandaging process so I decided to shake him awake. Half awake he snuggled his head into the crook of my neck, his lips gently brushed against the skin at the base of my neck, I jolted up in surprise, this made him wake up fully.

"Hmm?" Mephisto groaned.
" you have to get up so I can move you to your bed." I said.
" I don't wanna get uuppp" he whined like a child.
" please, it's not like I can carry you all by myself" I replied.
" only if you sleep too" he said, still unable to think coherently.
" sure, why not" I decided.

Slowly but surely we made our way towards the bedroom, stumbling over the desk and even air, on our way. I carefully lay Mephisto down after lifting the covers, I walk to the other side and lay down mostly because I don't want to sleep on the couch or the floor. The bed was barely big enough to fit the both of us but I made it work. I covered myself with the blanket and fell asleep in an instant.

I woke up to the smell of bacon wafting through the small apartment. I freaked out at first but then remembered the emotional rollercoaster that was yesterday and calmed down. I made my way over to the kitchen and saw Mephisto in an apron slaving over the stove trying to make an omelette, failing at it too. I cleared my throat to catch his attention, his head whipped around and widened forest green eyes met mine. He panicked and tried to hide the pan but he failed miserably.
"You are supposed to be resting, not cooking, those injuries of yours are serious." I scolded.
He leaned in close......

———————————————————————————cliffhanger✨
Thanks to 19_01e
For reminding me this story exists ✨💕
I'm supposed to be doing my English course work but that can wait