"Ever since she was a kitten," Sahira beamed over at her, still not taking a step further into her apartment. "I had her even before I left New Delhi to come here to study and when it was time to move I took her with me. She's about six years old now. Mina's my companion now."

"What are you studying?" Bada found herself asking even though she wanted nothing more but to slip in her house, make herself a quick dinner, take a bath and then curl up in bed until morning when she had to head to work.

"I'm going to a law school," she explained, "this is my last year."

"Almost done, then. Just a little while until you can be fully independent."

"That's true," she nodded, "what do you do?"

Bada had lived around muggles for a long enough time to know exactly how to answer that question. "I'm in the police force."

Sahira's eyes widened. "You don't look the part. I couldn't ever imagine you being in the police force."

Bada raised a brow at her. "I couldn't ever imagine a future lawyer wearing band shirts either but here we are."

Her expression turned sheepish. "You are right. Anyway, I need to go, I have an assignment I need to finish."

"I'll see you later, then," she nodded, already heading to her door.

Sahira nodded, "See you, yeah."

She closed the door behind her and after a moment, Bada did the same.

-

The job of an Auror, in the minds of a young witch or wizard, could seem a lot more exciting than it actually was. The risky chase of criminals and shooting of spells could easily be reduced to a position in an office, looking through endless reports and signing them so they could be officially closed, then put in files and left on the desk so that someone would pick them up later on to put them in the room all reports were kept.

They weren't even recent. In the last week Bada had found herself working in Harry Potter's team, she had realized the loss of information during the war was rather great and it was only just beginning to get uncovered. Half a decade after the Dark Lord had been defeated, with most of the Death Eaters locked up, the people finally felt comfortable enough to open up about their own stories and the crimes that had been inflicted upon their family.

The cases were more than she could ever imagine, although she was quick to realize most of those people had gotten through same or similar things. It didn't make all the stories about kidnapping and torture any less depressing, though. Bada had learnt early on to disassosiate herself with the stories of the victims for her own health. With that skill mastered, she didn't find herself all that bothered by what she was reading, although that didn't mean she hadn't lost her pleasant mood.

"Time to head home," Ron said two rows ahead of her, bringing her to look up from the report she was looking through.

"These days seem endless," Theodore grumbled from ahead of her as he stood up, already finished with his work. Bada signed the report she had been looking through, put it on the pile with the rest of the reports and slowly, she pushed herself off of her desk as well.

"At least there hasn't been a rise in crime," Harry commented.

"I wish there was something more to do, though," Ron kept on grumbling, "I didn't become an Auror to read reports all day. They could have at least let us have the day off if we were going to sit around and do nothing."