Fifty Two

"I have to get her out."

Lucius ushered his wife in the room and shut the door stepping closer to Draco. 

"Are you mad son?"

"Lucius.." Narcissa cut in.

He sighed and glared at Draco. Draco looked away and I rubbed my thumb against his to give him at least a little bit of comfort. 

We were all terrified and the tension was filling the room like quicksand. A scraggly rat-looking  man opened the door with magic and looked at Lucius.

"Our lord requests your presence." He said.

I studied Lucius's features as terror flashed across them for a split second. Narcissa moved past the man and took Lucius's arm, they walked out of the room. Draco's eyes silently plead at his mother. She gave him a small reassuring smile before she walked away. 

The man who was still standing there watched me and Draco and stared at our hands. We both stared right back at him and his lips curled into a creepy smile. He left and Draco and I shared a worried glance. 

"Your grimy ass father won't have anything to say anymore!" A voice screeched from downstairs.

A few small sobs followed and then the slam of a gate or a door. 

"Draco!" Lucius called. 

We both jumped out of our skin and Draco exhaled and started to walk out. I held onto his hand and he looked back at me.

"I have to go."

"Please.. not again.."

"Draco! Amelia!" He called again.

I didn't expect my name to be called. My heart dropped and I felt like fainting. Draco practically dragged me out and down the stairs before I knew what was happening. 

"Ah, so this is the guest who's been hiding from us." 

I looked up at his dark eyes. There was nothing behind them. No kindness, no light, there was almost nothing human about them. His rotting teeth smiled at me but it wasn't sincere, it was evil. His skin was pale, sickly even. I looked away quickly. 

The familiar face of Professor Snape stood beside him. He stared right through me, but there was a silent understanding. I felt a small sense of comfort somehow.

"My lord, I did not mean to hide her from you-" Lucius started before You-know-who held up a bony hand.

"So, Amelia was it?"

My mouth was dry. I slowly nodded in response. My eyes slowly shifted to everyone else in the room that was watching Draco and I very intently. All of his followers. Every single one of them an infamous dark witch or wizard. Evil radiated from every corner of the room. They became disinterested after a minute or two and it was just Snape, Bellatrix Lestrange, who was every bit as crazy as I'd heard, and Draco's family. 

"You got a little girlfriend huh Coco?" Bellatrix teased in an obnoxious tone.

"Hush now Bellatrix, young love is after all, so precious." Voldemort said.

As he moved closer to me, the smell of death was more apparent. I held my breath and tried to avoid eye contact at all costs. A creepy spindly finger caressed my jaw and I felt Draco tense up beside me. I felt nauseous. 

"So Draco, did you find her at school?" He asked.

"Yes." He replied quickly. "Well no.. she's, yes."

A small chuckle left his dry cracked lips.

"A pure-blood I presume?" 

Draco nodded and glanced at his parents and then his gaze stayed on Snape. Snape knew who I was... what I was. He didn't say a word though, he just watched me closely and I swallowed the large lump in my throat. 

"Good boy." Voldemort said patting Draco's arm.

Draco flinched and the awkward atmosphere was almost suffocating. I closed my eyes hoping to escape. Voldemort turned away and began talking with Snape. 

I caught a few words from a conversation a few feet away from us, 'the lovegood girl' and "he'll give us information'. 

They were holding hostages. 

Narcissa caught our attention and nodded her head for us to go out of the room. Draco and I quickly left and fell apart. We made it back into his room somehow and I fell on his bed finding it very hard to breathe. 

"I-I think they have Luna."

"Who?"

"Luna! Luna Lovegood!"

"We can't worry about that right now you have to get out of here."

"But.."

"Damn it Amelia! You can't be here! You never should've come!"

He blabbered on for a while in a panicked frenzy and I grabbed his face ignoring most of it.

"I'll go! Ok? I'll go!" 

He broke down in my hands and fell to his knees. I kneeled down with him and he held my wrists. We both cried and pathetically held onto each other. I slowly started to become more angry than scared. I think we both did.

I had to get out now. I had to get out but I would fight for everything. I would fight for us, for Luna, for the school, for Jack and Maggie. I had to. 

"You have to make sure they don't hurt Luna ok?" I pleaded to him as he nodded.

"Get the school to fight." 

I nodded. "They will."

"Be safe." We said simultaneously.

After many wet and pathetic kisses and sappy words, Draco made up an excuse to his parents for me leaving and we made it past the other death eaters, and I left Malfoy Manor.