Chapter - 26

Hello Fam :)

Just to recap, Manik and Nandini had talked out their issues and confessed their feelings with Nandini signing up their marriage papers. The marriage is official, legal and the two idiots involved are totally on board. 

Warning: After the oblivious idiots, we are dealing with love-sick idiots because someone can't keep their partner out of their heads. Maybe, the feeling is mutual. :P

A/N: - I have written this chapter over a long period of time. Any mistakes, or errors, do let me know. Also, slightly messed up wedding rituals. I have no idea about the order. ;)

Happy Reading...

Nandini felt like she was floating in the air. There were flowers around and she was in the middle of a beautiful valley. The greenery around her was overwhelmingly calm. The birds were chirping. There was a stream in the distance. The sun was just rising. It was so peaceful that she didn't notice someone's presence until they had their arms around her waist. The sudden contact startled her and she turned around.

Except she was in her room, probably sometime after the sunrise, startled awake to the land of reality.

Nandini

She heard Manik's faint voice, hoarse with unuse. He had a frown on his head as she glanced at their position. She felt her heartbeat going steady after a few minutes and a smile gracing her lips as she laid back down, snuggling beside her husband. Instantly, his hands were around her pulling her close.

"Did I scare you?", he asked.

Nandini shook her head. "I could get used to this every morning", she told. As she peeked a glance at him when he didn't answer, there was a blush on his face even with his eyes closed. She got an idea and mentally prayed her husband wouldn't combust on the spot. Lifting her head, she leaned towards him to place a soft kiss on his cheek. She saw his eyes tighten to shut and him going still beside her. "This okay?", she muttered. She could hear his heartbeat rising from where she was balancing herself.

It took a few minutes for Manik to calm himself down and when he did he exhaled a breath, opening his eyes to glance down at Nandini. "Okay", he whispered, not breaking the peace around them.

Nandini held his gaze for a moment longer, making sure he was really okay and not pretending for her sake. When she was satisfied, she put an arm around him and pecked his cheek repeatedly. Just a grazing touch to make sure she could do this. That she was allowed to do this. This time when she peeked a glance at him, his eyes were closed again but there was a smile on his face and his whole face somehow turned into a tomato. She felt a warmth inside her. This Manik, this blushing idiot, with whom she had the freedom to say anything, to do anything, with whom she didn't have to hold herself back was the one she chose to fall in love with. Seeing him right now made her believe that it was all true. She had truly, completely, had her Manik back. She closed her eyes to relish her moment.

It was a long time when Manik started stroking her arm to gain her attention. "We should start getting ready. We would be late if we are not starting in some time."

"Can't we stay here for a few more minutes? It's peaceful", she muttered.

Manik chuckled. "I want to stay too. But the Haldi ceremony will start at eleven and you know they wouldn't start unless we are there."

Nandini nodded without actually giving an answer or making an effort to get up.

Manik laughed again. "Hey, we will have lots of time for us. I promise."

Something settled in her heart as Manik leaned down to kiss her head, squeezing her arm. He promised and she would believe everything he promised.