Chapter - 18

Hello Fam :)

Warning: ~4500 words of Manan. :P

Happy Reading...

"You know, Manik would jump from the top of a cliff for you", said Cabir.

Nandini was reading a file for one of her upcoming meetings when Cabir came to her. "What?"

"See, Manik loves his family and would do anything for his family. And he considers you as his family. Hence, proved he loves you and would do anything for you."

Nandini threw the file at him.

XXX

"Do you think you would take over Malhotra Industries sometime?"

"What?"

"Manik is the boss of Malhotra Industries and you are his once you get into the married bliss. So you could be the boss of Malhotra Industries in the future."

"Cabir, that would make me your boss too", said Nandini.

Cabir shrugged. "It's a small sacrifice I am willing to make for my brother's love."

"As your boss, shut the hell up", she said, gritting her teeth.

XXX

Nandini was with Nyonika helping her tallying some data regarding Nyonika's NGO when Cabir sauntered inside the room. Surprisingly, he sat quietly and watched them working.

"Is everything alright, kid?", asked Nyonika. "Never thought I would see you silent for more than ten minutes."

"Mom, I am thinking, you know. Manik also uses MS Excel for tallying his data", he told.

Nyonika laughed at her son but Nandini noticed the smirk on his face as he stared at the excel sheet on her laptop. "Doesn't half of the population use Excel sheets for tallying their data?", she muttered.

XXX

"Manik loves watching Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham", said Cabir.

Nandini rolled her eyes. "Yeah, because apparently the two brothers remind him of you two and I am Kajal, and SRK gets married to her. Yeah?"

"No. Because their parents' names are Yash and Nandini. He might not be Yash but you are his Nandini."

Nandini wanted to bang her head somewhere.

XXX

"Manik loves you more than his books."

"I don't even believe you on this."

"No, seriously. If someone forces him from reading his books, he would cry like a baby. But if something happens to you, he would lose shit and start punching people."

Nandini snorted. "I bet Manik would never punch someone."

"Yeah, because you do that before him but that's not the point. He would totally punch someone if you are in trouble. Apparently, that's how you guys got married", he said.

"Yeah, because marrying me is the same as punching someone?", asked Nandini.

"No, it's like punching himself but he would do that willingly."

"I really want to punch you now", muttered Nandini, rubbing her forehead.

XXX