"Did you guys meet the new assistant coach yet?" Taylor asked the guys. "Not yet, but we've heard good things about him." Kyler answered, the boys nodded their agreements.

The girls and I all shared bored looks as the guys talked about the basketball season.

Don't get us wrong— we loved basketball. But having to listen to them drone on about it was tiresome.

"How was your trip dad?" Rhegan asked slamming her palm on the table, her eyes wide with interest... in moving the conversation elsewhere.

"It was umm... it was good." Taylor wiped a hand under his nose.

Rhegan leveled a glare to her father. "Daddy."

Rhegan only pulled out the Daddy card when she knew that her father wouldn't deny her information or whatever she wanted.

"You hesitated," She narrowed her eyes at him.
"Why?" Taylor let out a sigh as his eyes flashed to me. I already knew what he was about to say.

"You guys we should let them talk." I say and they nod their heads in agreement. Taylor flashed me a thankful smile as I got of my seat. When we left the kitchen I could hear the words, Your and Mother.

Rhegan's relationship with her mom was non-existent in her eyes. Laila Clarke was dead to Rhegan Clarke, and for good reason.

"Are you fucking serious!" We could hear Rhegan's shouts as we walked away from the kitchen. "That bitch will not come within ten feet of me."

"If she does I'll slap her all the way back to New York with her fake sanctimonious bullshit." Rhegan stormed out of the kitchen with Taylor hot on her heels.

"Rhegan..." Taylor tried to plead with his daughter.

"No," Rhegan turned around, face red with anger." She will not come to this house and spew her bullshit about regret and asking for forgiveness. She walked out on us." Rhegan gritted through her teeth.

"I don't need a remainder Rhegan." Taylor said softly."Well obviously you do or else we wouldn't be having this conversation."Rhegan sniffles before turning around.

"Oh, that's just great." Rhegan wiped under her eyes once she saw us. She let out an incredulous chuckle before running up the stairs. I nodded to the girls to follow her.

Rhegan didn't like to show vulnerability in front of others unless it was me and the girls. Speaking about her mother opened a can of emotions that she liked to keep shut tight.

That's how I felt with my father, but we don't talk about him.

Taylor turned towards me, letting out an exasperated sigh. The boys made their way back into the kitchen letting us talk.

"Just give her time,"I say as he nods his head.
"She's not going to change her mind but still."

"Oh trust me, I know" Taylor walks over to the drink caddy and fixes himself some whiskey.

"I told Laila that she wasn't ready," He let out a breath. "That we weren't ready. I didn't even think that i'd have to see her on this trip." He shook his head.

It had to be hard to have to see the person who left you behind without a second thought.

"She wants to give our family a second try."
I let out a scoff as I crossed my arms.

"A little late for that isn't it.""Tell me about it."

"You know Rhegan will make good on that threat." I said as I made my way up the stairs."If she does come around keep her far away from Rhegan." I gave him a pointed stare as I made it up the stairs.