eight

We paused our game as we heard the doorbell go off

We paused our game as we heard the doorbell go off. Turning our heads towards each other we got out of our seats and ran towards the foyer, hiding behind a pillar. " Boys, what are you doing?" My mom scolded as we peered from behind the pillar.

"Nothing." We said as we calmly walked out of the bad excuse of a hiding spot. " Usually when you two say nothing it means that you're up to no good."

We both look towards each other and let out sharp gasps," That is blasphemy!"Dominic shrieked dramatically." How could you say that mother." I gasped as Jax ... or uncle Jax as I liked to call him walked down the stairs nervously.

"You good dad ?" Dominic asked noticing that Jax was sweating bullets. " Can you tell that I am nervous?"

I shared a look with Dominic and my dad before we turned towards him," No you look fine."

I mean he did look fine, just a little jittery but fine. "Great. You're going to love her, and I heard her daughter was your age as well so you might have some things in common." he ranted quickly as I stood in between my dad and Dom.

"Just open the door already." My mom begged excitedly. "Everyone on their best behavior please." he directed the last part towards us with a pointed stare.

He took a deep breath before turning the knob to the door. "Happy Thanksgiving." We heard two female voices. My ears perked up at the sound of a familiar voice. "Is that?" Dominic peered from around his father's shoulder. " You're dating Ayanna Heart's mom," he yelled patting his shoulder.

"Way to go, dad."

My mom poked my shoulder gaining my attention. "Is that the girl you've been telling me about for the past few weeks?" she whispered. "What girl?" I ask with raised brows, she winked at me, playing along before stepping up to greet the Hearts.

"Hey, I'm Giselle and this is Cairo Addams, and my son Carson." Oh, she doesn't need an introduction, she knows me very well.

"Wassup Heart." I greet her as her eyes shift between me and Dominic.

"At least this won't be awkward." She finally spoke stepping into the house further." You guys know each other?" My dad asks waving his pointer finger between us and Ayanna.

Dominic grabs Ayanna by the shoulder, putting her in a headlock.

"Boy," she scolds, loosening his grip on her neck.

"Yaya here happens to go to USC and is one of our biggest and favorite cheerleaders along with her girl power crew. She also knows all of your stats dad... every single last one of them." Ayanna pinches Dominic's ear as if he exposed her dirty little secret.

"You talk too much." Our parents let out a laugh at Dominic's expense. He looked like a child getting scolded for sneaking all of the Halloween candy. "Although she was fraternizing with the enemy at one point."