MEI'S EXPLANATION

It was about a woman who loved a man so dearly. But he didn't love her back. And I know you're thinking well that's a classic, unrequited love but there's more. She grows up admiring him but never speaks to him at school... After graduation she gets adopted by royalty... happily ever after? No? Was it her fault? Yes.

They were both orphans and that somehow comforted her.

Did I also mention they were British?

although they were both prefects and top of their class. somehow their paths never crossed. they never really acknowledged each other either. people around them would speak of their names but they'd change the subject. but she admired him just like the rest of the school. she was just never brave enough to speak to him. and he didn't care for her.

He approaches her after finding out who her parents were. And it's perfect, everything is perfect. They start seeing each other often and talking for all those times they hadn't at school.

He proposes to her later, he wants her power and wealth. She doesn't blindly agree, she already knew his true nature. But she decides to ignore it. He attempts to murder her several times but somehow she always avoids it. Well, not somehow. She knew, she knew the entire time but she loved him so much.

And one day she just let it happen.

"this- this is what you wanted, right?" she stammered

"what?" he asked obliviously.

he had no idea she knew.

"to kill me." he looked at her with a newfound emotion she had never seen on him before. but she couldn't quite put her finger on what it was.

was it sadness? no. regret? no. confusion? maybe.

"i'm dying. it's really happening." she laughed, her laugh soon turned into a harsh cough. blood.

"you knew?" she only made eye contact and smiled in reply.

"why- why would you keep me around if you- why would you accept my proposal if-" he stuttered.

"i love you." she lied

"love?" he repeated, he'd heard those words leave her mouth many times but this time it felt different.

"love." she confirmed as she took her last breath. her eyes fluttering, warmth leaving her body. her coughing had subsided but blood continued to pour as he watched.

she started to choke on her own blood, forcing her eyes open to take one last look at her loved one. at her murderer.

death embraced her, leaving her cold to the touch.

he killed the only person who'd ever truly love him. her blood on his hands, literally and poetically. he wanted to know more... wanted to ask more questions, wanted to know if she had truly meant it but it was too late.

she laid in his arms, a lifeless body laid in his arms.

And that was the end.

"What the fuck." muttered Mei as she felt her eyes sting. Corpse stayed silent, watching the credits.

"What an idiot." She mumbled under her breath. Her eyes glancing at Corpse, wondering if she'd do the same for him.

"Nah, I'm not that much of an idiot." sighed Mei in relief.

"What?" spoke Corpse

"Nothing, I'm just thinking If I'd do the same."

"You're weird, why would you think like that."

"It's just thinking!" Mei defended herself

"I don't care that's still weird."

"Yeah, yeah. Okay, furry."

"Why did I expect for you not to say those type of things in real life."

"You think I'm not that bold in real life too? Not everyone is a pussy."

He looked at her silently before parting his lips. "You're an alpha." spoke Corpse in a blank tone before rising up off of the sofa. And right when he did, Mei received a notification.

Quackity

Hi

Hi

the back of my neck went numb

HUH

Mei let out a laugh at his randomness. Everything Quackity would say or do was funny to her. Corpse leaned forward towards her.

"What are you laughing at?" He asked

"Oh, Quackity texted me!" She smiled

Quackity

no literally i'm scratching it and everything and i can't feel anything...

go to the doctor

i'm scared

just go! don't be scared maybe it'll go away soon but if it doesn't go doctor!!!

"Oh." hummed Corpse, trying to read their messages.

"It's private!" teased Mei as she hid her phone.

"Come on! Just show me! I wanna know what's funny."

"Quackity is always funny... you know that."

"Mhm. What about me?"

"Huh? Dude, don't make me compare you to him." tsked Mei jokingly

"What am I then?"

"Pretty and yeah." She replied.

"Pretty and yeah?" He repeated

"Exactly." confirmed Mei as she closed her eyes with a smile. Nodding at him quickly.