18 - i remember tears streaming down your face when i said i'll never let you go

Start from the beginning

Joe was sitting at the kitchen table reading the newspaper when I walked in, and he looked up to smile at me. "There you are. Mom made waffles but they might be a bit cold now."

I blushed, feeling very embarrassed. "Sorry. I'm just so tired..."

"Completely understandable. We'll just throw them in the microwave for a minute."

After we'd said goodbye to Beth and Richard, Joe's parents, we left the house. Flint would be staying at their house but they never told me why. This time, Joe was driving and I assumed it was his car.

"Meredith!" I exclaimed once we made it inside and I saw the white and gray Scottish Fold eyeing us from a doorway. I figured the cats were probably the reason why Flint hadn't come with us to the house.

She didn't run away when I went to pet her — after pulling my uncomfortable boots off — but she didn't show any signs that she remembered me either. When I stood up, however, she made a meowing sound that stopped when I went to pet her again. "I can't keep petting you, Mer," I laughed and stood up again. She gave me a final, stubborn meow but left a second later.

Joe came into the room carrying his laptop and sat down on the couch. "Could I have the video camera back please? I'm going to add the last clips into the video."

I nodded and crouched down next to my bag to look for it.

"Thanks. You can have a look around if you want. It's not that big but it works for two or maybe three people. Taylor is thinking about going house-hunting here though for a bigger place."

I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was, but something about that last statement felt like a slap to the face. Maybe it was the thought of Taylor leaving me in the US while she moved here, or maybe it was the fact that she wanted to move here without telling me about it, when she'd said that she would foster me next year after she got her foster license. Or maybe I was just overreacting. Taylor could do whatever she wanted; it wasn't as if she had to tell me about every single detail in her life. But it still hurt though, I couldn't deny that.

I gave him a quick nod and turned on my heels, leaving my bag at the doorway. The kitchen was very pretty and had an industrial feel to it with cork brown countertops, black cabinets and a golden tap. The walls were covered in a white brick tile wallpaper and there were a bunch of green plants everywhere.

The rest of the place was also really cute and cozy. The bottom floor included the kitchen, the living room where Joe was, a studio with a piano and a fireplace, and a bathroom. The second floor consisted of one bigger bathroom, a master bedroom, a small guest bedroom and a small restroom.

When I pushed the door open to the master bedroom and saw the big bed that was placed against the right wall, my legs moved automatically over to it and made me lie down across the covers. It was so comfortable and warm, and somehow — don't ask me how it happened — I fell asleep underneath the white covers.

TAYLOR

"Are you sure you don't want to go out for a quick drink to celebrate?" Jennifer called from across the parking lot. I was on my way to the car but turned my head quickly to smile at her.

"Thanks, but I promised Joe to spend it at home! Maybe tomorrow?"

"Alright, have fun," she called back, waving goodbye, and disappeared into her own car.

Today was my birthday, but it was also the second day of filming the new movie I was in. I was so excited to be a part of this movie because first of all, it was a musical, and the second, and much more important reason was that we were all playing cats. Cats! We literally had to go to classes to learn how to act like cats!