"Yet." Is all he said, which was enough for my heart to do some acrobatic flips inside my chest.

   We talked for a while before it was show time, I hurried to Jessica's room to find her mother hugging her so tightly and whispering some encouraging words into her ear, that made me think of my mother how I wish she would be here today and every day next to me, giving me strength and hope for the next day.

   "Are you ready Jess?" I asked her, she simply nodded. Her mother left to find her seat leaving us to talk alone. "It's your time to shine our queen." I said.

   She wiped the tear that fell from my eye. "Don't cry darling, we all know that you're the star of this event, I wish we didn't have to do all of that so that each one of us could be with the one she truly loves. I mean look at us, William pretending to be happily married, you and Elijah making sure that the king will believe your sudden love and relationship." She fiddled with her dress, looking down at her feet sadly.

   I placed my finger under her chin to make her look at me, "Raise your chin up girl, or the crown will fall," we always used to say this line to encourage each other whenever we had a presentation back in town. "We'll go through this together, we'll always do."

   Her father entered the room cutting our conversation short, he immediately started crying. "Oh Jessica my little princess is all grown up now, you look amazing darling." He hurried to give her one big bear hug.

   "I'll wait for you outside, don't be late it's almost time for the ceremony." I closed the door behind me and let out one long deep breath.

   I heard the door open again, the bride held the bouquet ready for the ceremony her hands twanged with sweat. She was nervous. Incredibly so. Her heart ran with legs like a runner. Her eyebrows frowned in worry and impatience. She glanced at the bouquet ready for her time to shine.

   We walked down the stairs on our way to the big garden where the wedding is being held. The entire castle was decorated, inside and out, with the reddest roses and the purest color of white roses I've ever seen.

   The wedding venue looked the same as I looked the past few days only fuller with people, the chatters filled my ears once we exited by the big castle's doors.

   Considering this is a royal wedding, I felt like the most typical person of the guests, every woman was wearing one of these huge ball gowns with shiny stones for accessories as if they were the ones getting married.

   The flowers entwined between her fingers holding fast in her hand. As the bride walked down the aisle with her father, the light reflected from the crimson bouquet which made her look dazzling in the spotlight. Her face shone with worry but quickly covered it with excitement and love, she was looking at Elijah who stood beside William; it was easier to look at the one we truly love and smile, the cameras wouldn't catch it.

   The king stared at me from across the red carpet in warning, or is it challenge, I don't even know anymore. He looked great in that suit of his, even his crown shined brighter than the sun today. He smirked at me then turned his gaze toward Jessica or her father and nodded in greeting, he stepped forward and took his place to start the ceremony.

   I couldn't bring myself to look at William not when I'm not the one he's getting married to, it feels weird walking down the aisle toward your love and not be the one wearing the white gown. Instead I took a look at the queen and was surprised to see her already looking at me, the look in her eyes said something between "I'm sorry I did everything I could but I couldn't change his mind" and "Be strong my dear you look stunning as always, I'll be by your side today." She gave one final encouraging smile and wiping the small tear that formed in her eye when she saw us all together in one big picture.