Chapter 10 - Birthday

Start from the beginning

“All right. Are we going to do something together?” Lodo asked and Mechi agreed. “No, sorry, I have a meeting today, but have fun you two.”  I left with them Lodo’s apartment and went down the two stages. “Oh, shit. I forgot to get my letters and my laptop. See ya.” I said and ran up the stairs to my apartment. At least once a month I had to pick up my letters.

I was pretty late. The meeting was not that important, but I better was there at the right time. But when I arrived at my stage, I saw a person on the floor next to my door. It was a girl. “Tini!” I said and went to her. She was sleeping and she must have cried. “Tini?” I asked, but she didn’t answer. So I let her sleep and opened my door, before I took her up and carried her into my apartment.

I put her in my bed and covered her up with a blanket. She looked so peaceful, when she slept, but I knew, she was really upset. I closed my door and sat next to her. What happened that she came here and cried that much? I wanted to call her parents so that they would know that Tini is all right, but I didn’t know their number and Tini didn’t have her phone with her.

So I decided to wait for her to wake up. I didn’t want to wake her up, because she hated it and I was sure, she needed to sleep. I put myself down on my couch and stared at Tini. What would I do, when I just could sleep in one bed together with Tini? Watching Tini while sleeping, kissing her naked shoulder… I banned my thoughts immediately. This is making me crazy. This just can’t go on like this.

I woke up when I fell from the couch. I must have turned around during my sleep. This couch just wasn’t made for sleeping on it, especially not for me. I looked to Tini. She moved and yawned, then she slowly opened her eyes. “I’m sorry, I woke you. I just fell from the couch.” I said guilty. Now Tini was wide awake and sat up. “Where am I?” she asked. “In my apartment.” I stood up from the floor on the couch again. “You were lying in front of my door, so I brought you inside.” Tini seemed to remember. “Right! I didn’t expect you to come anymore, but I didn’t want to go home and didn’t know where to go.” She meant. “What time is it?” I saw on the display on my phone. “A few minutes past 9.” “What? No! I’m gonna be late for school.” She shouted and stood up. “Relax and sit down. It’s 9 PM.” I calmed her down and she sat down again. “Do you want to call your parents? You can stay here, if you want.” I offered and gave her my phone. She called her parents and told them, she would spend the night with a friend.

“You don’t have to sleep on the couch because of me. It’s your bed, anyway.” I shook my head, while I was fighting with this little pillow. “No way!” “But I can’t watch you torturing yourself on this tiny couch. The bed is big enough. Come on.”  She demanded. How could I possibly resist such a lovely offer?

So it really happened, that I lay in this bed WITH Tini and we looked at each other. “Why did you come here?” I asked her quietly. We were so close, it was loud enough. She looked down. “Javi dumped me. He loves another girl.” She answered and tears ran down her cheek. This was the first time I actually saw her crying. And it almost broke my heart. “It’s all right. He isn’t worth it. Not a single tear! Don’t think about him. Think about tomorrow.” I comforted her or better said: I tried. “Hey!” I mumbled and stroke affectionately a strand of hair out of her face. “You are always there, when I need you.” She whispered and hugged me as well as she could in this lying position. “That’s what friends are for.” I whispered back, but she was already fallen asleep.

Tini

The first thing I was doing when I woke up, was powering on Jorge’s phone and looking on the display. 7:32 AM! I turned around and watched Jorge. He was still sleeping. He was so cute, that I couldn’t prevent myself from stroking over his cheek. Then he moved a little bit and I act sleeping. But when I noticed no move for at least 10 seconds, I opened my eyes again.

Jorge

I woke up because of a touch in my face, but when I slightly opened my eyes, Tini was sleeping. Or did she just pretend to? I shortly gazed at her, then I pretended to sleep. And actually she didn’t sleep anymore. Instead, I felt her gazing at me. I wished, I could see her the way she looked at me, but I couldn’t disclose myself. That’s why I imagined her looking at me, like she looks at Leon as Violetta. But never did she look at ME like this before.

Tini

I bit on my lips, not that I would – accidentally – kiss him. This would be so horribly embarrassing. But I couldn’t do anything against it; I pushed my lips on his. Suddenly he opened his eyes and I really hoped he didn’t notice anything about the kiss. He grinned. This bastard must have only pretended to sleep! But instead of being angry with him I just smiled at him. I was just too happy.

Jorge

Tini kissed me! I couldn’t believe it. I opened my eyes in order to look in her eyes, when she kissed me, but then the kiss was over. But there was that look. The look I always dreamed about. “Happy Birthday!” I said and smiled. She smiled, too and I gave her the present. When she opened the present, she stared at it with big eyes and an open mouth. “I saw how you stood at the shop and gazed at this mask, so I decided to buy it for you. I thought, you like it.” I explained. “It is beautiful! Thank you.” She whispered and put it on. It was a venetian mask with blue sequins. “Thanks a lot. You are the best!” she thanked me again. “The real present actually comes later.” I meant and grinned. I wondered how she would react, when…

Tini

I never told Jorge about this mask. I really stood many days in front of this shop and wondered how this may suit me, but I never mentioned it. But what meant Jorge with the ‘real present’?

I'm so sorry I didn't update for so long, but it was a quite long chapter, so I hope you understand.
I hope you liked this chapter, especially cause this is my personal favorite so far. ❤