Chapter 9 - Javier

Tini

I dated Javi for two months now. Jorge and I were nearly best friends and I enjoy our friendship so much. I only spent time with him, but I didn’t feel for him that way anymore. Maybe we just should be friends. I’m happy with Javi and Jorge is always there, when I need him. But with Jorge, it was like we were already a couple – or what I wished we would be like, when we would be a couple. We laughed the whole time, told each other secrets we wouldn’t tell anybody else and we had the same interests. The only things missing in this ‘relationship’ were Kisses and other stuff. But we kissed, maybe not for real, but WE KISSED. It couldn’t be better.

“Jorge, you have to meet Javi. You’ll certainly like him.” I said to Jorge, who wasn’t really excited about that. “Why? Is he coming today?” “Yes, he’ll pick me up.” I wondered how my friends would think about him. Mechi and Lodo only knew him drunk. “Can we talk about something else, please?” he asked to switch topic. “Sure, about what?” “Don’t know. Maybe about ‘What to do on your birthday’?” “That’s in over a month!” “So? It’s gonna be your 16th birthday. This needs a plan. What do you wish to get anyway?” I had to think, because the wish I already knew I preferred not to tell. “I have no idea. I already have everything I need.” Except him. “Maybe anything you don’t need, but still want?” I shook my head. “But it would be nice if I could see Pablo again. I really miss him.” “I know, it’s boring without him. It was fun all the time when he still was in Buenos Aires.” “We often write on Whatsapp, but it isn’t personal.”

“What time is it?” I asked Jorge. He showed me his phone. Apparently he didn’t want to tell me every five minutes. Then I heard a car stopping and I jumped up. “That’s him!”

Jorge

Tini already told me more about this Javier-guy I wanted to know. I knew his Hobbies, what he loved and what he hated and his most curious habits. What I knew as, that he just could be a jerk. He hated team sports and preferred going to the gym. He is a vegan and plays video games for hours. It seemed to me that he never lived in a real life. And I wasn’t that wrong I had to notice later.

He jumped out of his car and looked around the studio. And he really looked arrogant. I could see that, although he wore black sunglasses. Then apparently he noticed Tini and waited for her. Tini and I went to him and the others were curious, who this guy may be. When we finally stood in front of him, he gazed at me. What’s wrong with this guy?

“Hey, Javi!” Tini shouted and hugged him. “Hi, Tina.” Ha replied and kissed her shortly. Come on! Was there something else? “You must be Jorge. I heard a lot about you.” I nodded. I wondered WHAT he already has heard about me. Then he took off his glasses and marveled about what I saw. I suppose because of the same reason he gazed at me before. “I’m Javier.” He said. He just looked like me, seriously. “So, should I pick up, now?” “Yeah sure. I’ll just grab my bag.” She said and ran back into the studio.

“How old are you, anyway? You look pretty old.” he asked me. Huh? Who does he think is he? He is so fucking arrogant, I already hate him. “I’m 21. And just a little advice: Woman are into grown up men and not into dwarfs like you. Are you already fertile?” And another time I was glad I was so quick at repartee. Now he seemed to be pissed. “I am 18. And very fertile.” He replied. “What the hell wants Tini from HIM? He’s such a douche. “Why shouldn’t you be fertile? About what are you talking, guys?” Tini asked when she arrived. I just grinned. “Oh, I just told him a joke.” He explained. “I wanna hear it too!” Tini said. “You already know the end, so it isn’t funny anymore.” Not too bad. He really is good in telling lies.

Tini hugged me goodbye and I kissed her on the cheek. Not only because of making Javier angry. “See you, Tini. I’ll take you to school tomorrow, okay?” I meant and smiled about Javier’s face. He nearly was freaking out. “Really? Cool. Then at 9 AM at my house?” she asked and I nodded. She loved driving motorcycle and she hated doing by bus. “Thanks. See you tomorrow!” she said and kissed also my cheek. She was so cute. But what could she like about such a boy?