【𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐒𝐏𝐘】

REGULUS AND HARRIET STAY BEHIND at the Potter's house after everyone left. "What did you need to talk to us about?" James asks the couple. Regulus raises his hand, "I don't need to speak with you."

Harriet gives James an apologetic smile. "Alright," he stands up. "I can tell when I'm not wanted. I'm just going to go...hang out with my kids...who a-"

"James go," Elara said and James turns around, heading upstairs. Elara stands up, "What it is Reg?" She asks and the two look at each other. "Dumbledore had given Harriet and I a mission...to retrieve a Horcrux belonging to him."

Elara furrows her eyebrows, "Horcrux? I heard of those, they're," she thinks. "An object that you can reside a piece of your soul in." Harriet nods, "Yes, and we located one, we're going there tonight," she informs her, and Elara hums. "So what do you need from me?"

Regulus motions for his girlfriend to go away. Harriet walks out of the living room, leaving the two cousins. "Reg-" Elara was engulfed in a hug by her younger cousin. Elara slowly hugs him back, "Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" Elara mutters with a pained smile, hugging her cousin tighter. "Lara, the worst comes to mind when I received this mission. I fear that..." he breaks away from the hug to hold her hands.

"I fear that this will be the last time we see each other," Regulus whispers sadly, making Elara's knees weaken. Regulus helps her to the couch, making him bend down in front of her. "Lara, if worst comes to worst please promise me that you will take care of Harriet," he quietly pleads, making her heart clench.

"Does Sirius know?" Her voice came out broken as her bottom lip quivers. "Regulus, does your brother know?"

Regulus' eyes begin to fill with tears, "I haven't told him anything." Elara shakes her head, "You need to, Reg, he loves you so much. You can't do this to him."

"I have to, I can't face him, I-I'm not strong enough." Elara feels a tear run down her cheeks. "I promise to look after Harriet if you promise to do everything in your power to make sure you both make it. I have to know that you haven't just accepted death, please Reg. You have always been like a little brother to me. I love you so much," she sobs out and he hugs her.

"I promise, I promise, and I thank you for everything. You pushed me to fix my relationship with Siri, with our friends, with Harriet. Merlin, thank you," Regulus whispers before feeling a tear run down his cheek. "Thank you."

-

"Crucio!" Rabastan curses at Peter. The Lestranges and Malfoys stood around them as Rabastan was in charge of torturing Peter. "Tell us what you know about the prophecy!"