𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 37: 𝐻𝑒'𝑠 𝐵𝑎𝑐𝑘

Start from the beginning

I kneeled down and grabbed the frame. The glass had shattered. "Oh no no no..." I sobbed quietly to myself, as I ran my fingers over the picture and broken glass.

The glass cut my fingers, and blood quickly started to trickle down my hands. Then I felt some sharp pains in my knees, and realized I was kneeling on broken glass shards. So I scooted back away from the glass; the picture still held in my hands.

Looking at the photo only made me more emotional, but I just couldn't put it down.

I love y/n. With my whole heart.

Even through the mess I had just made, I still had bottled up emotions that needed to be let out. So, I did the first thing that came to mind, and yelled at the top of my lungs.

Then I continued to sob loudly while I hugged the picture to my chest.

Then, I heard faint footsteps, that quickly got louder. My door busted open and the person gasped.

"Eli! What did you..." My mom yelled, concerned. But her sentence faded away when she saw me sobbing as I sat against the foot of my bed. She swiftly made her way across my room, and kneeled down next to me.

"Honey, what's the matter?" She asked, as she softly put her hand under my chin, and directed my gaze towards her. I jerked my head off from her hand and looked back down.

"I f-fucked it up, mom. It's o-over." I spoke through the sobs.

"What's over, sweetie?" She asked in her usual kind and loving voice. Then I slowly moved the broken picture frame away from my chest and looked down at it. My mom gasped loudly and covered her mouth at the sight. There was blood everywhere. My hands, my clothes, and the picture.

"It's over." I repeated quietly, before I started sobbing again. My mom took me in her arms and embraced me. I cried into her shoulder, as I wrapped my arms around her as well.

I'm not sure what came over me, or why I got so emotional, but I did know that this would be the only time this happened.

Because after all...

Pain does not exist in this dojo.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

☞︎Y/N'S POV☜︎

I was crying in bed when I heard the news.

The news that I had been wanting to hear. The news I had been waiting so desperately for. The news I was starting to get afraid wouldn't come.

But it came.

Miguel is awake.

The moment my uncle told me the news, we both ran to his car and sped to the hospital. I'm beyond overjoyed that my uncle is letting me see Miguel. Because if he didn't, you better believe I'd be raising hell.

The hospital parking lot was packed, like usual. So, my uncle dropped me off at the front of the hospital so I could get a head start up to Miguel.

I ran to the familiar part of the hospital where I was staying not too long ago. There, I saw Ms. Diaz standing by the ICU door, with a huge smile on her face.