(Bonus Chapter)Sector B Part 18

A/N- this part is from the second draft

Evolv Industries Lab sector B

Caterina stood as I vanished from the spot I had been standing in.

"Amazing, " She said.

"Stop recording!" Cat looked at the vial of blood she had collected from K and shook it lightly. She could not wait to tell Lance that it looks like the Stoker project worked. They had all but given up. She walked over to the hidden panel. Placing the vial in the very back of the compartment within the panel, Caterina closed and locked it. She busied herself with packing a box for K. She was probably going to have a few more questions before the night was over.

She called and ordered a car to take her to the train station in a few hours. She was going to deliver these supplies in person citing a review of the Temp since she was showing signs of illness and had been in the field for 2 years with little to no contact.

Cat squealed in excitement replaying the recording of me as I vanished before her very eyes. She made a copy of the video and sent a file marked private to Lance's computer.

Lance arrived shortly after, bringing breakfast with him. She swore that he was always eating yet was wonderfully in shape. She knew from firsthand experience.

"Good morning Cat" he called out as he rounded the edge of his desk and placed his breakfast bag down.

Caterina was standing impatiently at her desk. "I sent you a private file," she whispered.

Lance peeked around the edge of the huge monitor and with an eyebrow raised said,

"Why, you naughty girl and on the work computer at that. Is it porn? You shouldn't have," He said jokingly as he logged into his computer and brought up the file.

Caterina sighed and rolled her eyes. "For once, get your mind out of the gutter. And what I sent you is way better than sex."

She heard him stop typing as he considered what could be better than sex. Lance's fingers resumed their fast and steady flow across the keyboard and then clicked on the file as Cat waited.

He unwrapped his breakfast sandwich to take a bite, but it never made it to his mouth.

"Ok, I seriously doubt...." He stopped mid-sentence and watched the video. His eyes grew wide as he watched and listened to the recording."

He replayed it again. "Is that? What the fuck?!"

Lance played the video again. As he restarted the video once more Caterina walked over to his desk.

"Stop. You see it with your own two eyes. It worked. It looks like one more successfully bonded." Caterina said grimly.

"Oh, sweet vagina! This is so much better than porn!" He said standing up and hugging Caterina.

"I will even let you scrape my neck where she licked me. Her saliva has healing agents and anesthetic properties." Cat gushed.

"Wait Cat. How did she get in here?' He asked.

"Well, that's the thing, Lance. The same way she left." Caterina said

He looked back at the monitor and gasped. He frowned and backed up the video twice. After the third time, Cat lightly touched his arms to stop him.

"She can teleport. There is nothing wrong with the recording," Cat said seriously.

"Teleport!" He repeated. "Oh shit. That's fucking amazing!"

"She teleported," Caterina said. "She fucking teleported!" Caterina shouted a bit too loud.

"Oh, and Lance I gave her two bags of the blood derivative and a shot for the sun and drops for her eyes. You were right to keep working on the serums. She really needed all of it. She looked like a hot mess when she got here. It also seemed that her Stoker abilities activated soon after coming into contact with her target," Cat informed him.

Instead of a look of happiness, Lance's features went dark as he remembered something, and he immediately looked worried.

"We need to keep this quiet until we can make sure that we don't have any issues," He took a small device from his keychain and downloaded the video, and corrupted the file on the computer he got from Cat before deleting it. Cat watched his sudden change in demeanor.

"What is wrong with you?" Cat asked him "Have you lost your mind?"

He stood up quickly and pulled Cat close and planted a kiss on her lips to quiet her down. He silenced her with a more demanding kiss before speaking into her mouth as he ran his hands all over her body leaving her breathless.

"She's our friend Cat, more than just an asset. We must protect her. If The Core finds out it worked, she will be executed or be used as nothing more than DNA salvage. Do you want that for her? She is not like Mickel. She is a good asset, and a good person. I would like to see her live to grow into her potential. But until then we need to keep this quiet. We need to erase all this footage. Make it look like she was never here. I will stall the systems so the deletion will be hard to find. I can make it look like a power surge.

"Get rid of any evidence she was here. They will kill her if they find out the Stoker gene took successfully or worse if they decide to weaponize her. I assumed you packed supplies for her?" Cat shook her head yes as he continued to grope her.

"I'm going to be joining you in two days. I have that monthly lunch with my uncle. We might need his help," Lance said.

Letting Cat go, he went to her desk and destroyed the file she downloaded from the camera and sent a virus to the connection to the cameras that would delete all of the videos from this morning and take the techs at least a day or two to sort out. He ignored the tears in Caterina's eyes as he went about erasing this morning's findings.

He swatted her ass for good measure. Just a little icing on the cake of deception they were about to serve up to The Core.

He released Cat and she immediately went about the task of gathering the supplies she packed for K. She made an adjustment to the arrangement for train transport to add Lance two days later and rechecked the report she was going to file that the asset seemed to be feeling ill. She was going to Metropolis Prime under the guise of re-inoculating the asset and observing her to make sure she recovers and was not showing any sign of the virus.

She scrubbed and disinfected the sink and virtually every surface that might have come in contact with their friend so there was hopefully no DNA to track K or connect them with knowledge about her development.

Lance would be down in two days for his monthly lunch with his uncle. They would get to spend some quality time together in Upper Metropolis Prime. And figure out a way to save their friend.

© Venis Nytes