Beggining of an End

As I grace towards my man who is standing beside a table with a candle light. I laughed. Him and his simple yet remarkable gestures and surprises. Nilibot ko pa ang tingin sa loob. There is really something today. There are tulips and carnations everywhere. Fairy lights are hanging. And the most surprising is.. walang katao tao. Kung meron man ay malayo layo sa amin.

It was weird. But maybe may event dito kanina. I returned my gaze to the most handsome guy I met.

There is really something strange that I feel whenever I walk to him. I can't explain it but it feels like I'm bearing myself to him. Like I'm entrusting myself to him. Hoping he won't break me.

But little did I know, I'll be the one who'll destroy this man.

"Hi." I said as I kiss his cheeks. His arms automatically snaked around me, imprisoning me as he held my nape and kissed me fully on the lips.

It was a hot and short kiss. I smiled at him afterwards and gently ran my fingers in his cheeks. He closed his eyes as he moved his head to feel my hand. I smiled. He looked like a tamed tiger.

"You in a good mood, huh? You're touchy today." He said as he made me sit on the chair and fixed it. He then sat in front of me.

"Why are you all saying that to me tonight?" Napailing nalang ako. Magtropa nga sila ni kuya. "Speaking of, nasa bahay ang best friend mo."

"Who?" He asked as he signaled one of the waiters to serve the food. He ordered again while waiting. I smiled.

"Duh? Kuya Zeus, of course."

"Oh yeah?" Pinaningkitan ko siya ng mata. Why isn't he surprise?

"Sinabihan ka na niya, no?"

Hindi na siya nakasagot dahil naagaw na ng paparating na waiter ang atensyon namin. Shet. Sirang diet. Napatingin ako sa tiyan ko.

Sobrang payat mo na ba at gusto mong tumaba, madepress, at magkaanxiety? Ano pang hinihintay mo? Mag law school ka na!

We spent the whole night just talking about random things. We talked about politics, conspiracy theories, netflix he watched, friends, family. We talked about everything.

Except that one thing.

That one important thing.

Marriage.

Everything was going smoothly. Then suddenly, a violin started playing. And it was another Taylor swift song! Lover!

Veros wiped his lips with a tissue and stood up. He put his hand behind him and bowed. Offered another hand for me, saying, "May I dance with the most stunning woman I've been eyeing tonight, miss?" 

I laughed at his cheesyness and accepted his hand. I mean, who wouldn't?

He knows I'm not much for dancing so he simply put my hands on his shoulder. And his large hands around my waist. We were only swaying. I wasn't contented with the closeness so I slightly pulled him closer which he obliged. We are now almost hugging while dancing to the song.

"We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January." I hugged him tighter when he sang along to my favorite song.

"This is our place, we make the rules
And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you, dear
Have I known you twenty seconds or twenty years?"

He then kissed my head at idinikit and noo niya sa noo ko. He was so tall that I know he's uncomfortable but then he stared at me lovingly. Like he doesn't care as long as hurting means being closer to me. It was so.. satisfying and touching but my heart ached.