Dɪᴄᴋs Bᴇғᴏʀᴇ Cʜɪᴄᴋs

Start from the beginning

"Ooh! We're going to an ice rink! Jaem and Jeno booked a private rink!"

Eunji rolled her eyes, her tone dripping in sarcasm, "Yeah, so cool. Too bad both of us can't skate."

Jinae stuck her tongue out at her, "It's more romantic that way. Also, Jaem said he's gonna pick us up in half an hour so," she scanned her friends body up and down, "if you're gonna shower, you'd better do it now."

"Wait, wait, wait. Why's he coming here?"

Jinae grinned sheepishly, "My mom doesn't know we're dating. She'll kill me if she finds out so...I kinda told him to pick us up from your house."

"So you told him I'm coming... before I even agreed?"

"Yup."

Eunji sighed, walking towards her closet, pulling open the oak doors. She scanned the several clothes, frowning. She turned to Jinae, looking at her expectantly.

"Green cargo pants, — they're on your first shelf — black crop top, — no, not that one, not the loose one. No! The other one — yes, that one. Aaand," she stood up and withdrew an olive green octagonal cap from her clothes stand, swaying it in front of Eunji's face, "perfect."

Eunji glanced at the cap and the outfit in her hands uncertainly, "Isn't it too flashy?"

"Flashy? Hun, you do know why I want you to come along with me, right?"

Eunji shrugged, walking into the bathroom, "I dunno."

Jinae sighed, "Because, I want you to make a good impression on a special somebody," her voice raised in excitement, "and that someone is totally crushing on you!"

The muffled sound of the shower turning on filled the room, water pattering on the fiberglass tub. A hollow thud of her clothes coming in contact with the floor echoed, as Eunji stepped into the bathtub.

"You're not gonna ask who it is?" Jinae asked, slightly disappointed.

"Why would I? I'm perfectly fine being a single pringle. Being in a relationship is waay too much commitment for me." She opened her shampoo bottle with a pop, squeezing out the black, fragrant substance onto her head.

"But..."

"Listen Ji, if it were some other people, I would've given the guy a chance. But this person is friends with him, and you know how much I hate him."

"That's just stupid. You're gonna decline a guy just because he's friends with someone you dislike?"

"Not dislike — hate." Eunji corrected.

Jinae huffed.

"Just saying — you know in case you change your mind — Haechan's the one that has a major crush on you so..."

"Nope."

She turned off the flow of water, stepping out of the bathtub, grabbing her towel. The soft pattering on her watery feet resonated across the now silent room. Eunji emerged from the bathroom, her stringy hair a darker, crimson shade.

"Pass me the hairdryer." She said, reaching out for the purple object.

After a few minutes, when she had finally managed to get into her outfit, she stood, examining herself in the mirror.

"I don't like it," she mumbled, eyes lingering on her exposed waist.

Jinae tutted, appearing behind her, placing her hands on Eunji's shoulders. "You look stunning."

Eunice looked doubtful, nose wrinkling, face full of uncertainty. "I dunno...it doesn't suit me that much. The pants are super loose." Her hand fell to the waistband to further prove her point, "Look, they're barely just hanging onto my hips."