I couldn't imagine how they would react if they knew about Clifford. I cringed at the thought of my 40 year old boyfriend meeting my dad who was closer in age to him than I am.

We finished up our meal and they dropped me back off my dorm. "Alright baby girl, don't be a stranger. I would hate to have to pop up on you," My dad chuckled as he hugged me.

"Alright daddy," I laughed. "Bye mama!" I waved at her as I walked back into my dorm.

My phone buzzed from a text message in my friends group chat. Alexis sent us a flyer to a party that was happening tonight.

We arranged for Andrea and Alexis to drive the girls and Treyvon to drive the boys. We also arranged to pregame before we pulled up to the party. I decided to invite Tati since she really hadn't got out much since they moved down here. She didn't really know that many people our age and I figured she could use a night out.

"Yeah boo, I'm definitely down. I need to get away from Reeks annoying ass." She rolled her eyes on facetime.

I laughed at her. "Okay, be ready by 9. We're gonna pregame at my friends crib!"

"Kay, I'll be ready." We hung up the phone and I proceeded to get myself together.

—————

"Girl I haven't been this lit in a minute." Tati giggled as she took another sip of her drink.

"And this is just the pregame!" I laughed.

Everyone was at Kyles apartment smoking and drinking to get right before we went to this house party.

"Yo, can I talk to you for a second?" Kyle asked walking past me to his room. I followed behind him and closed the door behind me.

"Wassup?" I asked standing by the door staring at him as he sat on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands.

"Chey, the baby is mine."

I knew it. And I know deep down inside he knew it too.

"Damn Kyle... how do you feel?" I asked not really knowing what to say or why he was even telling me this forreal.

"I'm not ready for no baby. And I can't say I'm excited to be having a baby with Taylor."

Again I didn't really know what to say. "You'll be fine Kyle. You just gotta boss up and do what you gotta do as a parent now." I sat on the bed and rubbed his back. I knew he was really stressing right now and even though we weren't really talking anymore, I still cared for him.

"I just don't know what to do. My pops walked out on us years ago, I don't know how to be a fuckin dad." He shook his head.

I lifted his head up with my finger. "Hey, you're going to be fine okay? This is not the end for you."

He just stared at me for a second before leaning in to kiss me. He put his hands on my face deepening the kiss. At first I entertained the kiss but eventually pulled away from him. "Kyle I-"

"I'm sorry. I ain't mean to do that." He got up and left out of the room.

I sat on his bed for a second digesting what just happened and then went back into the living room with everybody else.