"That's the Nazi?" Bambi asked. Meredith had already decided that she would not be remembering these people's names so she came up with her own ones.

"She doesn't look like a Nazi." Dorothy replied.

"Maybe it's professional jealousy. They just call her that because she's the best." Barbie suggested.

The six of them approached the woman standing at the nurses station. "I have five rules. Memorize them."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A little over a week later)

Meredith's original thoughts were already confirmed. She hated her coworkers. They were loud, and clingy, and wanted to share the moments of their lives or whatever bullshit. Barbie cheered, Dorothy squealed, Bambi whined, and Ken groaned. The only one she could stand was Derek.

He was quiet and never said a word more than he had to. He barely showed any emotion in his face and honestly Meredith loved it. They would sit together at lunch in silence and they would study together in silence and do scut together- in silence. Everything a girl could ask for. Plus he was the only other intern with half a brain so that helped.

"Grey." Bailey, her boss, called out. Bailey was the only other person in the hospital she liked. "You're on Mr. Gregory's craniotomy." She paused. "You and-" She looked through the group of interns who all had their hands up. "Shepherd."

"Thank god." She mumbled.

"What was that?" Bailey asked the an eyebrow raised.

"I'm happy to not have to spend the day listened to any of my fellow interns bitch and groan." Meredith replied.

"Part of being a surgeon is being able to work with others, Dr. Grey." She shook her head.

"I can work with others. I can spend the whole day doing stitches with Bambi, Barbie, Ken, or Dorothy. I'd just rather not." Meredith shrugged.

The other interns looked at each other confused. "Wait- are we Bambi, Barbie, Ken, and Dorothy?" Dorothy asked.

Derek bent his head down to his a laugh.

"Which one am I?" Bambi asked.

"Bambi." The others said in unison.

"Who's barbie?" Dorothy asked.

"Izzie." Ken replied.

"I'm not a Barbie." Barbie frowned.

"I- um-yea." Bambi stammered.

"Then you're Ken." Dorothy pointed to Ken. "Why am I Dorothy?"

"No clue." Barbie responded.

"Beats me." Ken said.

"Wizard of Oz." Derek rolled his eyes.

"Oh- I guess that makes sense." Barbie said.

"How does it make sense?" Dorothy asked with a frown.

"You know- she's from-" Ken started.

"She's from Kansas, I'm from Ohio." She frowned.

"But that's still the Midwest." Bambi shrugged.

"You know, some people consider Ohio to be on the east coast, and Kansas to be in the south." Dorothy defended.

"No way." Barbie shook her head.

"Where is Kansas again?" Ken asked, causing everyone to look at him with disapproving faces.

"Have you ever looked at a map?" Barbie asked with a judgmental tone.

"Yes- Shut up. I'm from Boston, could you tell me which state is New Hampshire and which is Vermont?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Dear god shut the fuck up." Meredith finally said. "New Hampshire is east, Vermont is west." She turned to Bailey. "See why I don't want to spend time with them?"

"Hey, why doesn't Derek get a nickname?" Barbie asked.

"Because I respect him." Meredith shrugged.

Bailey rolled her eyes. "Back to work all of you. Grey, Shepherd- just take care of your patient." She shook her head.

Derek and Meredith walked towards the patients room. "Drinks later?" Derek asked

"Sure." Meredith replied.

(Sorry there is no Cristina and Alex in this story. I felt as though Derek and Meredith might actually like them so I replaced them with April and Jackson. Also someone please stop me from making new books every week without finishing the previous one- I swear to god)