Chapter 7

Jackson walked into the locker room, the silent locker room. Six, usually loud, interns were all getting ready in complete silence. He looked over to April, George, and Izzie, and he saw honest to god fear in their eyes. He didn't dare look at Meredith or Derek but he could feel the tension radiating from them.

"What's going on?" He asked the silent room. No one responded except April pulled out a small piece of paper and started writing franticly. Once she was finished she quickly handed the note to Jackson.

The note said, 'Meredith and Derek are fighting. Don't speak.'

"What's that?" He heard an angry voice behind him ask, he looked into April's wide eyes and knew he was in deep shit.

"Nothing." April said quickly as she shook her head and grabbed the note from Jackson.

"It's not. Give it to me." Meredith demanded.

"It's really nothing." April tried to lie.

"Give me the fucking piece of paper!" Meredith continued to demand, this time convincing April to hand over the note. Meredith quickly read the message and then glared up at April. "Dorothy, dear, I'm not saying this to hurt you or for revenge, I just think that you should know that no one will ever love you." Then she turned around all the while glaring at every other occupancies in the room. Jackson turned to look back at April who's eyes were now brimmed with tears.

After a few minutes, of extremely uncomfortable silence, Bailey finally walked in to give the interns their orders. She immediately picked up on the tension. 

"What did you six do?" She shook her head in a disapproving fashion.

The four, non-terrifying interns quickly responded, "nothing."

"Meredith, Derek?" Bailey asked, noticing their silence. It wasn't unusual silence but Bailey could usually make them talk. Neither of them responded but they both glowered at her, causing Bailey to shift a bit. Something was really wrong when even Bailey gets intimidated. "Okay fine, Avery you're with Burke, O'Malley and Kepner you're with Hunt, Stevens you're with me, Grey, there is a VIP patient coming in tomorrow and there's some research that needs to be done so you can spend the day doing that-"

"I'm not practicing medicine?" She asked.

"No. You will not be practicing medicine today." Bailey responded. 

"May I ask why?" Meredith asked in an irritated tone.

"Because, Dr. Grey, you have a piss poor attitude. And usually we all put up with it because you're talented. But today your attitude has hit a new low, so I'm not going to subject your colleagues or any patients to you. If you want to practice medicine, learn how to act like a human." Bailey lectured. Meredith grumbled something incoherent then stalked off. 

Bailey turned to Derek, "What did you do to that girl?" She asked with an eyebrow raised. Derek just scoffed in response. "Fine." Bailey glared. "You're in the pits." 

Derek began to walk away when Bailey called after him, "Whatever you did, fix it, I don't need her being more of a pain in my ass!"

(Do you think I should have them make up or should they fight a little longer?)