No. 28: Talking Things Out

Start from the beginning

"Or Roman, right?" Virgil reminded him.

Janus shrugged. "Eh, yeah, I care about him a little, but he's in his right mind for once in his life, so."

"Yeah." Virgil twisted his lips. "Honestly, I... I really don't know what to think about this."

The two of them were silent for a little bit.

"I love Roman," Virgil finally said. "You know that, right? And I want him to make his own choices. If he doesn't want to go, he doesn't want to go, and I'll support him in that. But at the same time, if his mom wants to try to be a better parent, then... then I don't think that's something to ignore." He let out a small laugh. "I'm kind of the worst person to consult on this, though, at least in our friend group. Even Logan has to deal with his extended family being mostly assholes."

Janus nodded. "I get where you're coming from. And just because you're lucky---" He paused. "Just because you have a good family life doesn't mean that you shouldn't weigh in on this. Remember, Fran asked for us, too."

Virgil looked down at the floor. "Nox? What do you think I should do?"

Nox flipped him off in response.

"Okay, that's just rude."

"I'm sleeping."

"You don't need---" Virgil sighed. "Never mind. You're no help."

"Suck a dick."

Janus gave Virgil a pointed look. "You know, it's not very polite to talk to your shadow when someone's still in the room with you."

"You don't usually have a problem with it." Virgil got out of bed and stretched. "I'm gonna get dressed, so you should probably leave."

"Yeah, no, I'm not too interested in seeing you sans clothing," Janus said, getting up. "That's a privilege for Roman alone."

Virgil flushed. "Wh---we haven't---I mean---" He shook his head rapidly. "That's none of your business!"

"You two have been dating for nearly a year, Virgil. And last time I checked, neither of you were on the ace spectrum, so---"

"Okay, I do not want to discuss my hypothetical sex life with you," Virgil hissed, shoving him out the door. "So shut up." He slammed it shut.

...............

"Well, your fashion sense sucks, too!" Remus snapped, slamming his hands on the table.

Roman shot to his feet. "At least I don't wear the same stained shirt every day!"

"I wear it every other day!"

"Butthead!"

"Fart face!"

Virgil looked back and forth between the two of them, his soul dying inside. "I take back everything I ever said about wanting a sibling."

"It's... trying," Janus muttered.

Remus stomped the floor. "If you won't listen to me, then I won't listen to you! I'm going for a fucking walk!"

"Good! Get out of my goddamned apartment!" Roman yelled.

"It's our apartment!"

"I pay for it!"

"Whatever, jock!" Remus shouted, grabbing his coat and throwing the front door open. "Fuck you!"

Roman stuck out his tongue as Remus slammed the door behind him.

Janus pointed his thumb at the door. "How old are the two of you, again?"

The Aberrations of S.I.D.E.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara