𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

Start from the beginning

"You're right. I'm sorry"

"I am? I mean, damn right I am"

Maxine rolls her eyes, "don't try and be intimidating. It doesn't work for you" then she starts walking up the back staircase.

Adam scoffs, following after her, "I so am"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night. Speaking of night, after shift we're having dinner because there's someone I want you to meet"

"Who?"

"Can't tell you"

"Gross, you know I hate guessing" he whines.

Maxine shrugs as they make it up to the unit. Then she shrugs off her jacket, placing it on the back of her chair and heads into the break room.

"Morning" she smiles, going to make herself a cup of coffee, along with her partner.

"Morning" Jay says.

"Nadias first day"

"Can she type? Did we look into that at all?"

Maxine puts the coffee pot back on the burner and says, "Yeah, she can, smart ass." Then she points her stir stick at the detective, "do not hit on her"

Jay looks at his partner in shock and says, "Nadia? I mean, what kind of dog do you think I am?" and Maxine raises an eyebrow.

Jay follows his partner back out onto the bullpen when Hank walks onto the unit and Maxine asks, "how'd it go?" going to sit at her desk.

"It went. They asked some stupid questions, I left."

"Boss, where they at with Jin's murder?" Ruzek asks, sitting on the edge of Al's desk.

"Nowhere. Where's Antonio?"

"He's meeting an informant. He's got a tip on some armored van thing." Al answers then Hank heads back to his office.

"Sarg, why aren't we looking into Jins murder on our own?" Jay asks.

"For the same reason I told you last time you asked. They don't want us anywhere near it since he was in our unit, okay? He was a police officer. Area Central is all over it."

"So they had no updates this morning?" Atwater asks. Maxine and Erin look at each other in shock, that he just asked that.

Hank sighs then turns around and walks toward Kevin's desk and says, "the update? The update is they're coming for my badge! So when there's another update, I will convey it! Okay? Until then, just do your jobs!" Then he storms into his office and slams the door.

~~~

Down in the roll up, Antonio and Al prep Adam for some undercover work.

"We'll be right behind you. Eyes and ears the whole time. You got two distress signals. For visual, just run both hands through your hair. For verbal just say popcorn." Antonio explains to the officer, who is buttoning up his shirt.