4

"Orange! Orange where are you!" Pear cried out, looking for Orange who had previously rolled away (violently)

"Apple!" Pear called out to the fruit, "Have you seen Orange?"
"Yeah he went there," Apple pointed at no where with his non-existent hands.
"Thanks Apple! I love you!" Pear said, caught up in his joy now that he could find his spherical significant other. He ran after Orange before Apple could say back to him,
"I love you too."

"Orange!" Pear said, looking around a toaster, finally finding the orange.

"P-Pear..what are you doing here..you should be filming.."
"Orange, I can't film that without you!"
"Pear.."
"No, I literally can't film it without you. You're the star of the show, remember?"
"But Pear," Orange sobbed, " I..I can't kiss Passion.."
"Why not?" Pear said so obliviously.

That's right, Orange thought.
Pear didn't feel the same way. He could never understand. Why would he? How could he? He never had to succumb to the pressure everyone else's expectations.

"If you want we can film this another time.." Pear said, "Although I wouldn't want to keep the fans waiting-"
"No!" Orange yelled. "No Pear, you don't understand...it's not just that I don't feel like it...it's because I don't love Passion.."

"Well, of course you don't. It's all part of your role. You're the Annoying Orange! What's more annoying than a one-sided crush!" Pear joked.

Ouch.

"So, come on. You dont even have to kiss Passion. Just film the video with me?" Pear asked.
Orange had had enough.

"Pear." Orange said confidently, staring directly at his friend's eyes.

"I'm not kissing Passion just because of that. Yes I don't have a crush on her and of course I wouldn't want to kiss her, but that's because there's someone I actually love.."

"Is it Apple?" Pear said, "He said some weird stuff about love to me earlier.

"No, it's not Apple, it's y-"

"Oh, it's Little Apple! So that's why you're always teasing him!"

"Pear it's y"

"Ohh, I get it."

"You get it?" Orange said, slightly relieved he didn't have to say that to Pear now.

"I get it...you're in love with Grapefru-"

"I'm in love with you." Orange said.

"..."

"..."

"...WHAT???"