After calming down a bit, we kept walking round and round in the marketplace where there were a lot of people. I know we should be going to Lydia's house, but I was hesitating. The thing is.....after my real family died.....I lost my trust quite a few times when I got betrayed by people. And it's not that I have trust issues. But I have a problem with depending on people. I feel useless when I ask other's for help since I think it's better to work hard by yourself and bear your burden by yourself and be responsible. All of this makes me hesitant to ask other's for help. However, when time arises, I do accept people's support. Maybe I should go to Lydia's house after all. Her father won't mind since he always listens to his daughter and it will be for a night only because I have a feeling that Argus will have captured that guy till tomorrow.

While thinking, I hear a scream followed by a shout and then the two people following me disappeared out of nowhere. It was Lark and Eros. The screams were of my mother.

"What.....where.....what happened?"

"I don't know.....there were two men in black robes and they just took them....."

I should've taken them to Lydia's house sooner. This happened because I was having some petty little trust issues. I grit my teeth as the fist tightens. I then feel something in my pocket and when I take it out, it's a piece of crumbled paper on which it was written,
"Don't poke your nose where it doesn't belong, if you want to see your brother's alive.
Ps. my patience is running out. I hope you make the sensible decision. I will be waiting."

Just what the hell is going on. As far as I remember, there was nothing written in the novel regarding all of it. It is because the original female lead never dared to investigate Ryker? But what other choice did I have? I had to do all of this since I can't keep still.

It's unreasonable and wrong. People like him should be punished. I then look at my little sister and mother who was panicking and saying shouldn't we go to the police.

"No, let's go to Lydia's house. For now, keeping you two safe is the priority. As for Eros and Lark, don't worry. After dropping you guys there, I will go and figure things out and bring them back."

"But Rhea....I want to come with you."

"I know you do but someone has to stay with Thalia. She's confused and needs her mother."

"I know....please be careful."

"I will. Let's go."

Lydia quickly agreed to let mama and Thalia stay there for one night.

Although she does asked me what's wrong. I couldn't tell her everything in detail hence I told her a brief version of the story about how my father got murdered and he is bankrupt because of Ryker.

"Oh my god! That man needs to be punished!"

"Yes. And I have someone aiding me with that. For a little while, please keep mama and Thalia secure."

"I promise. Don't worry."

She clutches my hands to assure me. However I was a bit hesitant.

"It's not because I don't believe in you. But Ryker maintains a lot of contacts and I don't know if your father is his friend or not."

"Oh...well, I think my father scarcely appreciates him. But nevertheless, I still vow it on our friendship that I won't let any harm come to them."

"Bless you."

"Aren't you going to stay?"

"No, I have to go somewhere now. Thank you for everything. Farewell."