Chapter 3.

Amity got bored of reading 'her' book. Granted she hasn't even read it through already.

The witch sets the book down, and directs her gaze to her dresser in her room. The pendant she had received as some sort of pension from the Owl Lady. Or Eda, as the girl with the mysterious red eyes called her.

Amity stood up from her bed, and walked over to where it laid. She never gave much care for it after she got it. She just put it down after she got home from her walk in the market.

After close inspection, she realized it was a wolf on the pendant. It was interesting to say the least. It had a scar over its eye, and the crystal was a bright red.

For some reason, it just reminded her of something. Now Amity couldn't exactly pin point what it brought to her mind, but it reminded her of something.

"What you got there sis?"

The witch looks over, seeing her Brother casually leaning against her door frame. His face was a sickly pink, and his hair messy. The common mold really got to him.

"Stopped by the market today, and the crazy owl lady gave me this amulet. What are you doing out of bed, Ed?" She questions, placing down the necklace.

"It was lonely in my room, so I wanted to hang out!" Edric clumsily walks towards one of Amity's bean bags, and sits on it.

"Em doesn't want to keep you company?" The young blight asks, opening up the Azura book again.

"She isn't home right now, so can I stay in here with you sis? Please?" Edric begs, shifting on the bean bag.

Amity simply nods, flipping to the next page.

"You really are the best Amity" The older Blight says, yawning. The witch nods again, drawing a spell circle to summon a blanket over him.

Usually, Ed would be fine by himself for a couple of hours. But being sick, he couldn't go to school to hang out with his twin, or his friends. Amity knows her brother hates being alone, and sometimes he even has nightmares about it.

Which is why Emira and Amity both have huge fluffy bean bags in each of their rooms. Just so Ed can come in, and stay with them until he wants to leave.

The youngest witch turned around in her seat to see her brother passed out. A small smile makes its way on her lips. As annoying as her brother is, he always makes it up to her by being a great sibling when she needs it.

She returns to reading, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere of her room.
_______________________________

After a while of reading, Emira barges in her room in a panicked frenzy.

"You have got to help me! I came home and went to go check on Edric but he wasn't in his room! Or in mine! Amity he-". The youngest blight taps her finger against her lips lightly, glaring at her sibling. Once Emira goes quiet, the witch points at Edric, who is surprisingly still asleep with the ruckus his sister made.

"Oh thank god, I thought he went missing" Emira whispers, rubbing her face.

"Did it ever cross your mind to check my room?" Amity mutters, looking at her sibling.

"He doesn't really come in here, so I didn't want to bother you" Emira walks towards her bed, and then lays on it, sighing.

"Well you are lucky he is still sleeping, you of all witches know he needs his rest. Especially with the Mold."

The room fell silent, and Amity assumed her sister was sleeping too. Well, until Emira spoke again.

"You remember when I told you I had a.. crush" She speaks carefully, her gaze focusing on the ceiling.