This place was packed. It was overwhelming knowing everyone in here could kill me at any moment. I peak over my shoulder to look at Alex. He's tapping his foot and fiddling with his fingers. No. Please, Alex. Not tonight.

I love my brother, and if you understood what he goes through, you would feel bad.

He's the oldest, yet it seems like I'm always taking care of him.

I'll tell you later.

"Rue, maybe you should go with your brother to make some friends." My mom smiles sheepishly at me.

No mom, I don't want to make any friends. Why would I try to be friends with a bunch of killers? Who does that.

I mentally rolled my eyes before getting up and dragging my brother by the arm. We walked through the crowds of people and that's when I saw him.

He was staring at me, cold blue eyes.

I sent him a smile before pulling my brother to his direction.

"Hey," I say.

Nadine returns my greeting with a simple nod.

"There's a lot of people here." Alex said looking around the room.

"Yea, they're planning something big for tonight." Nadine's voice was low and raspy, "but I'm not gonna be involved."

"Why not?" I ask. Nadine eyes me, clearing his throat before speaking.

"I don't feel like it." He rolls his sleeves up again, and my eyes go to his hands. God, his hands. They're beautiful. And his tattoos. I'm gonna have to get a better look at them later. I have to.

"Come on." Nadine demanded. He led us to a basement, but it wasn't a scary old movie basement. It was nice. There was a pool table, the floor was carpeted, and there was an 80 inch flat screen TV mounted on the wall. Shit- there's also a chandelier. What is it with everyone and chandeliers?

The space was big.

There were a few other people down here. A brunette haired girl with emerald green eyes, tan skin, wearing a pink Lacey crop tank top, with a pair of blue jeans and black confers.

There was another girl, blue eyes, short wavy blonde hair, tannish-peach skin, and was wearing a skin tight black dress with spaghetti straps. The length of the dress ended just above her knees, she paired it with white flats. I'm gonna remember, because so far, I've seen her shoot nasty scowls at Nadine.

A boy with brown eyes, curly brown hair, and chocolate skin was passing out drinks from a cooler. He was wearing a yellow hoodie, black ripped jeans, and red Jordan's.

Everyone around us is Mafia, but not everyone is fit for the Mafia.

"Oh I didn't even see you guys walk in. Do you want a drink or something?" The brunette said with a smile.

"Uh yea, that would be nice." I smiled awkwardly, not really knowing what to do. I can't help but feel underdressed. I was wearing baggy jeans that had big painted hearts on it. I had paired it with a black cropped tank top, and then slipped a brown cardigan with it. Me personally, I loved my outfit. But everyone else is wearing dresses and shit. At least my hair wasn't wild. The front pieces were pulled back, and tied with a black ribbon.