Chapter - 03

Happy , I guess?

Becky was wide awake , mostly why? Because there was a certain person on her mind. Like she didn't know why but she thought she had connection to the person.

She wanted to talk to her mother about this , but she got that unsettling feeling that if she told her mother , then her mommy dearest would lash out on her. It was one of those days that she'd woken up very early , nearly 6:30 in the morning.

The sun wasn't up yet , normally it would feel nice , it would feel cozy to wake up so soon and have all the house to yourself with everyone sleeping and you are the only one awake.

And meanwhile her thoughts were soon cut off , when she heard shuffling from her parents bedroom.

Her father was awake.

The moment he stepped out of the room he saw his daughter sitting wide awake on the sofa. Yes , they couldn't afford a 2bhk flat because you know , her mother was the only bread winner so that made sense.

"Good morning Beck" her father greeted her with a warm smile " you've gotten up earlier than usual , what's up?" Her father enquired with his eyebrows furrowed. Huh! As if her cared.

Becky was flabbergasted for her to encounter such behaviour from her dad. Nonetheless she replied. "Good morning to you too dad , yeah I'm up early. Nothing to worry though I was just thinking of school". Wow she thought she'd stutter but no , that lie came out so smooth and she was wondering what was up with her.

"Okay , go brush your teeth I'll make some coffee for you". Don't be surprised but her father always made coffee for her in the morning. It wasn't out of love though , but it was his job to do ,  that his wife had assigned to him.

"Yeah dad , I'll be right back" and off she went to do her morning routine.

Becky was nicely dressed in her uniform , ready to go to school and when she came out she was met with a familiar smell.

It smelt coffee and her mother was preparing some breakfast for her which was eggs and pancakes.

She entered the kitchen and sat where a small dining table had been set.

"Good morning baby , here's your coffee and breakfast and no rushing eat slowly , I don't want you to choke on your food". It was her mother this time that had Becky all smiley and happy.

"Yeah mom , don't worry I won't ". She exclaimed.

She headed to the school , she never had been in such a good mood than she was now! For once all her loneliness , the void that filled her all the time did not bother her , for once she'd let go of what she was battling with and for once she thought she could have someone in her life very soon.

______________________

Update..!!