In this awkward moment, where no one said anything and both parties felt embarrassed and shy, my famished stomach that didn't get anything to eat since morning protested. A grumble echoed in the empty silence. Reflexively I put my hand on my stomach as if this would stop the voice from escaping. I want to die at this moment due to embarrassment. Why did my stomach have to act up now? I kept looking down until I heard Argus cough and add,

"Want to order something?"

"Ah no....it's fine. Don't mind me. I am not that hungry."

I moved my hands up in the air as a sign of protest. However, my stomach betrayed me again and once more grumbled.

Argus chuckled and handed me the menu saying,

"I think it's better if we ordered something. Here, choose. What do you want to have? Decide and then I'll call the waiter."

After we were done ordering, or should I say I was done ordering since he didn't order anything and told me he already ate, I briefed him about where we are planning to shift so that it will be easier for him to contact me later on.

"I know a few people in downtown. They can help get you rented cottages with much better prices. Should I talk to them?"

"Thank you so much. I appreciate it but I've already asked so much from you that I can't bother you anymore. What's more, this is also a splendid cottage with a private farm."

"If you say so. But do know that you will under no circumstances be a bother. Come to me, whenever you need help. Since people who are not from this novel should stick together and support each other."

"Thank you."

He is right. We are the only ones who know each other's true identity, hence we are the only ones wherein each other's company can be our true selves. It truly is a blessing to have someone like that. This reminds me, didn't he say he knows another person like us?

"You said there is another person like this. What about them? Can I meet them?"

"He is not here currently. When he comes, I'll contact him and then let you know soon."

"He? So that means this person is a male. Who is he? Any one of the main characters from the book?"

"....let's just say he is older than me. As for who he is, that's a surprise."

I pout and add,

"That's not fair."

But he just laughs in turn. His laughter is pretty so I'll let it slide and not pester him so much. Although he said that guy is old, so maybe it's an old man who is a merchant or a butcher. I wonder who he is.

At that moment, the food comes and is set on the table. The waiter leaves after asking if we need anything else.

I quickly dig in since I was starving. However, after a few bites, I felt uncomfortable due to Argus's gaze on me and the fact that I was the only one eating.

Using a fork, I take a portion of the steak and put it in front of him.

"It feels weird eating alone. At least take a few bites."

"It's fine. This all is for you anyway so eat all you want."

"I know but this is amazing, please give it a taste...."

I push the fork near him and he gives in. Instead of taking the fork, he clutches my arm and brings himself closer to take a bite, and then moves back and remarks,

"You're right. It is delicious."

My hand and eyes were frozen at the place where he had grasped it. That portion of my arm had become warm. He observed my face going red and realized what he had just done a few seconds ago so his ears also became red.

We were still like that when suddenly running footsteps approached us. We instantly turn to look at the source to recognise my little brother, Eros rushing in. He was panting heavily along sweating profoundly. He must have been running around to look for me but what happened for him to be in such a rush?

"Eros? What's wrong?"

Suddenly his eyes become clouded, tears start streaming down his face.

"Father......papa......he is dead....."

"What?!"

We both stand up abruptly due to shock. This didn't happen in the book. Sure Rhea's father stays in the clinic for the rest of the story but no matter what tragedies the female lead had to go through, none of the characters die. So why now? What happened? Is it because I altered the story?

Argus and I both look at each other knowing that we were thinking the same thing of why a character has died even though it didn't happen in the book.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy reading it! If so then don't forget to vote, comment and share! ❤️❤️❤️
Ps., I know this chapter is a bit short but I will make it up in the next upcoming chapters. Until next time! Stay safe, healthy and happy! ❤️❤️❤️