Fuck.

My eyes widen slightly as I put my fingers over my neck, pushing it slightly, feeling it sore, not even wanting to see how bad they are. "You couldn't resist it could you?"

"Truthfully, I wasn't trying to mark you. I was just trying to make you feel good." he rasps, staring at me intently, making me swallow hard. "It wasn't anything possessive or about me wanting others to see. I didn't think about the fact that it would leave a mark. You were enjoying it, so I carried on." he explains further.

"But you enjoy seeing them?"

"Of course I enjoy seeing them." he replies quickly, letting out a breathy laugh before he takes a bite out of his food. "But I don't need to see them to remember what happened. That lives up in my head."

I slowly nod my head at him, humming lowly before I glance back down at my plate. "Aiden-"

"Don't do that." he suddenly interrupts me. "You're not hard to read either. You were about to go on some speech about how we need to move on from it and blah blah blah." he drags out, chuckling to himself. "You don't need to give me that lecture. I've had one night stands plenty of times." he shrugs his shoulders.

"But will you move on from it?" I ask him quickly, still partially shocked he knew exactly what I was going to say. "Will you ever let me live it down?"

He furrows his eyebrows at me, his eyes narrowed slightly. "But you don't want to do you?" he mumbles. "You don't want to just act like it never happened, instead, you want to do that because someone else."

"Aiden don't." I speak firmly, letting out a small sigh as I shake my head. I hate that he's right but I can't talk about that. "I don't want to argue with you, I really don't, so I'm asking you to drop it."

I see his expression slightly soften but before he can even respond, I hear the front door open, making the both of us snap our heads in that direction. My gaze quickly connects with Nick as his face falls as he looks between Aiden and I. I then see his gaze shift over to the broken glass on the floor and the messed up couch, his eyes widening like he can see the entire thing in his head.

"What the fuck?" he breathes out as he slowly looks back up at us.

"Welcome back mate." Aiden speaks casually, sending him a small smile before he turns around and begins eating his food casually.

I look over at Nick, my heart stopping in my chest as I bite down on the inside of my cheek. "Nick I-I-" I stutter, not even being able to find the right words.

He then looks away from me, walking around the island to look directly at Aiden. "What the fuck did I tell you? Huh?" he snaps slightly.

Aiden stays completely unfazed as he glances up at Nick, shrugging his shoulders. "A bunch of bullshit that we both knew I wasn't going to listen to." he responds before he goes back to eating.

I see Nick shake his head side to side at him before looking up at me, the anger fading slightly and disappointment resting on his face mainly. With the way he's looking at me right now, I feel guilty. I feel dirty for sleeping with him. "I told you this wouldn't end well. I should have known you wouldn't have listened to a damn thing I said." he sighs.

"Nick," I pause, trying to come up with the right words if there are even any. "It's nothing. It's a one night stand. Everything is fine." the words slip past my lips, even though I know damn well it's not fine.

"This is going to destroy him." he hisses out, making me tense up and swallow hard, watching how angry and upset he looks at me. "So don't stand here and tell me it's nothing when we both know it isn't." he speaks, making me glance down at the ground. "Are you going to tell him?"