Chapter 35

After about five songs pass, Jade and I then make our way back over to the bar, laughing with one another about a joke she made. I walk up right beside Aiden sitting down, telling the bartender my order, completely ignoring him beside me, already feeling a bit tipsy. "Not going to go dance A?" I hear Jade speak up.

I glance over at her before looking towards Aiden beside me, leaning my forearms on the counter. I see him look down at me, a playful smirk on his face. "You've been so pre occupied with Leah." he shrugs his shoulders.

A dry laugh escapes my lips as I shake my head at him, thanking the bartender when he slides over my shots. "Why don't you dance with Leah then? I was going to go back and visit Nick anyway."

I quickly freeze, my body tensing up slight as I look over at her, my eyes widening as I try to signal to her to not leave me. It's not that I feel uncomfortable being around him alone. It's actually the exact opposite. "Jade they're playing-"

"I'll see you two in a bit." she smiles softly as the two of us, letting her eyes linger on mine for a few moments before she turns around and walks off.

Sneaky bitch. She knew exactly what she was doing.

I've had Sage do that to me before when I was interested in somebody and didn't want to be left alone with them, in fear that I would say something stupid. She enjoyed pushing me out of my comfort zone a bit, which is exactly how I know that's exactly what Jade just did.

I then slowly turn towards Aiden, seeing him already looking at me, making me send him a forced smile before I pick up a shot, quickly downing it. "And here I thought you were maybe enjoying being around me." I hear Aiden mumble under his breath.

I let out a small chuckle, setting the shot glass down as I run my finger along the rim of it. "What gave you that impression?" I ask him lowly, looking up at him from underneath my eyelashes.

"The way you stared at me when you were dancing with Jade"

I raise my eyebrows at him, the corners of my lips slowly curving up into a smirk. "That's because I was enjoying dancing with her" I respond casually.

"Then why were you looking at me?" he bites back as he leans his arm on the table, a smug expression on his face. "If you wanted to dance with me so bad Leah, all you had to do was ask." he adds lowly.

I feel my stomach turn slightly at his tone of voice and the way his crystal blue eyes stare into mine. I stick my tongue out slightly, wetting my lips before I abruptly hop down from my chair. I then grab ahold of his hand, glancing up at him once before I turn around and walk to the dance floor, leading him to it.

I then stop once I get to it, turning around to face him, seeing slight shock yet amusement over his features. "You know how to dance?" I blurt out, raising my eyebrows, earning a head nod from him in response. "Good."

I then wrap my arms around his neck, having to reach up slightly due to his height. I feel him hesitate for a moment, almost like he's in shock before he slowly slides his hands onto my hips, gripping them before he pulls my body into his, making a smile appear on my face.

I then hear The Weekend come on over the speakers, making me hum under my breath as I slowly start to sway my hips to the music. I then look up at Aiden, seeing almost as if he's hesitant to do anything. "Stop being scared to dance with me or I'm going to go dance with somebody else." I tell him seriously. "I highly doubt with the way you've been looking at me all night, that you'd enjoy that."

He slowly nods his head at me, a smirk on his face as he leans down towards my ear, his hands sliding around to my back, making my body tense up against his slightly. "And how have I been looking at you tonight?" he murmurs near my ear, feeling his breath fan across my neck.