A Feather, A Dream

I'm...flying?

Tubbo opened his eyes to feel the wind soaring around him as he zipped through the sky.

I'm flying.

He giggled, holding out his arms, letting the air pass through his fingers.

I'm flying!

He stared down at the ground below. It was empty plains, dotted with flowers and trees. There were clumps of bushes, small hills, and animals grazing or simply standing about.

Is that a bee? There's more! Ahh, bees!

Tubbo tried to fly down, but his flight path wouldn't change. The fuzzy buzzing cuties disappeared out of sight.

"What?" he asked, then widened his eyes. He could talk.

More animals appeared underneath, and again he tried to go down, to see them more clearly. Again he was stopped. He tried once more, then realized that each attempt boosted him higher. This pleasant experience was now causing anxiety.

Tubbo rolled onto his back in the air - about the only thing he could do - to try and find what was carrying him. The space above him was empty, but as he turned he had felt feathers. He twisted his arm, and with a painful yank, plucked one.

In his hand he held a dark royal blue feather. It was pristine and beautiful. It had a glow that quickly faded after it's departure from what Tubbo could only guess were his wings.

He glanced to the side, and was awestruck. They were wings, broad ones. All of the feathers were the rich royal blue of the one in his hand. The wing seemed to pulse with a shimmer - the exact glow of the feather he had took. But these didn't fade, instead they kept creating the mesmerizing picture.

If they are my wings, I can use them.

Tubbo tried flapping them, trying to get lower to the ground. They caught on fire. He screamed, beating them in an attempt to put them out. They smoldered and smoldered, then finally turned to ash. He felt himself falling, and looked down. Quickly approaching was the crater of L'manburg. Tubbo closed his eyes and -

- and shot out of bed. He went in the bathroom and splashed some water on his face from the cauldron.

"Damn!" he told himself. "That was some crazy dream! Or was it a nightmare?" Tubbo left the house. My hands are shaking a little, I should take a quick walk around town.

Tubbo sighed, shaking his head to clear it. Yes. That's exactly what I should do.

Ten minutes later Ranboo knocked on the door. He's not answering...odd.

He let himself in, wandering through the house. "Tubbo? Tubbo~?" He must be asleep...

Ranboo walked upstairs to Tubbo's bedroom and peeked through the door. His bed was unmade. Ranboo frowned. He walked over and put his hand on Tubbo's pillow. Warm. He must have just left. But why didn't he make his bed before going? Something must've happened, I'll go find him. He turned around to leave, but something caught his attention. Peeking out from under the pillow was something blue. Some dye from Ghostbur, maybe? Don't look, don't look, don't look... Ranboo looked.

In his hand now laid a single, solitary royal blue feather. He pinched it between his fingers, twirling it. He thought it was a rather charming object.

It must be special. Why else would he sleep with it under his pillow? He looked around guiltily. I want to ask him but I can't let him know I went through his things...even if it was just under his pillow! Maybe I'll bring him up here and start a 'pillow fight'. Ok Ranboo it's a feather no fights I'll just casually bring it up later. Yep! That's exactly what I'll do! He tucked the feather back under the pillow and left the house.