And here it all begins

I kept the book aside, sighing as I rubbed my temples

I kept the book aside, sighing as I rubbed my temples. I looked at the clock above.

4:55 am.

Might as well go for a run. I got up from the couch, softly dragging my feet to my room. Changing into a pair of joggers and a tank top, I drew my hair up into a messy bun and leaned against the doorframe. I looked at the mirror, taking in my appearance.

My almost white hair looked brittle and lifeless as they messily hung on my shoulder. Furthermore, my eyes were dull and droopy and my skin was pale and looked dry due to the lack of moisture.

Lack of proper sleep does have its consequences, people.

I sighed and turned on the tap, splashing some cold water on my face. The water felt immensely soothing as it dripped down my skin, relieving me from my morning dizziness. I blinked a few times as the water ran down my lashes. Squeezing some face cleanser out on my palm, I gently rubbed it on my face in a cyclic motion smoothening it out on the edges. Turning the water temperature to lukewarm, I washed it all out. Taking off the towel from the hanger, I gently dried my skin with it before applying some moisturizer to my skin and some eye cream under my eyes. The moisturizer was soft and felt nourishing as it hydrated my skin to the deepest layer. Taking some hair serum in my palm, I gently applied it all along my hair and tied it up into a ponytail.

Good enough.

Sighing, I got out of the bathroom, and strode down to the kitchen, filling up a bottle of water for me. I tightened my ponytail and slipped on my trainers as I got out of my apartment, locking the door behind me.

Hopefully I'll get my peace time during the run.

The air was unexpectedly warm today. I tightened my hold around the water bottle as my legs started sprinting down the familiar lane of my locality. The sun was yet to rise and one could see the orangey-yellow contrast clearly. The balmy wind striked through my skin and enveloped my body in its smugness- the natural odour of the soil being quite evident and distinguishable in the air. My feet swiftly hit the pavement as my run gained a constant speed. I wiped the beads of sweat that had formed in my forehead as a few odious drops lurched down my neck.

My steps slowed down as my run came to a halt after a while. I shook my head, bending down and panting breathlessly.

6:43 am.

I rubbed my neck and decided to rest on a bench in the corner of a park. Licking my chapped lips, I opened the lid of my bottle, chugging down the chilled water as the parchedness of my throat decreased. I took out my phone sending a quick message to Rick.

"I'm out on a run. Cereals are in the upper cupboard and milk is inside the refrigerator. See ya in a few."

I kept my phone back in my side pocket and leaned against the back of the seat. My joints popped as I stretched my arms up in the air, looking at the greens in front of me. The air was fluttering against the grass as they swayed to the side, dancing in their melody. A few drops of morning dew was still present in the leaves as they rolled down to the edge only to be blown away by the callous wind. Mesmerizing. The harmony of it all couldn't be missed and brought a touch of serenity in my life.