Please Save him

I laid my head on the pillow, staring at the white ceiling of my room above me

I laid my head on the pillow, staring at the white ceiling of my room above me. I turned around, pulling up my black comforter, hugging it close to my body as a chilly wind ran down my skin. The air was brisk outside, flowing in thick waves. The cold weather of LA becomes quite frightening at nighttime. I closed my eyes, wishing not to get any nightmares today as sleep started to engulf me. But do my wishes ever get fulfilled? Nah!

I was standing near a dark ebony-colored wall as the sunlight directly hit my skin.

Where am I?

I turned around, half closing my eyes because of the blinding sun rays. No one seemed to be there. Tall grass carpeted the floor that seemed to shine in the light from the distance. I raised my palm above my eyes, shielding it as I searched down the valley with my eyes. There were few to no houses in there and the area looked deadly creepy. The area was surrounded by the same ebony wall, and it felt like we were captivated inside.

“Welcome to the arena, my dear people,” a deep voice roared as the sound vibrated through the whole area. I looked up to see the people seated around the layer of the wall. So, it was an arena? Why didn't I notice it before? The center of it held four thrones. I don't recognize any of the people who were sitting on the thrones. “Today we have Ernaline Achlys Morrigan, the crown princess of the realm of Veilar with us who'll be fighting Aimilios Hadeon Verlice, the crown prince of the realm of Tophet, the abyss. So, first, let me clear the rules.” The voice added as the people around the arena cheered.

Wait, wait, wait! What? I'm fighting who? I don't even know how to fight. What in the world is happening? My breathing hitched as I looked around.” This is a nightmare, this is a nightmare! You won't die, Erna. Chill.” I reassured myself, but it didn't seem to work.

The same voice coughed again before he started to continue, “This is a fight to death. So if one doesn't submit to the other, the other can kill him or her and claim the throne. Of course, there is no rule to kill the opponent but if needed, you are allowed to do it. You are also allowed to use any kind of magic or tactics, except Lady Achlys is not allowed to suck out Lord Aimilios life and Lord Aimilios is not allowed to banish her to the osmãrs or any other dark corners of the underworld.” He concluded, as he looked towards the crowd. “Let the fight begin. May the strongest and the wittiest warrior wins,” he cheered as the crowd followed.

Don't freak out! Don't freak out!

I gulped my saliva as I made my way to the center of the arena with confidence. Never show your opponents your fear or weakness because that's when they strike hard. From the peripheral of my vision, I saw Lord Aimilios striding down to the center. His warm ivory skin and raven black hair shone under the bright light with a strange spark glistening in it. His pupils were pitch-black colored with a murderous glint in them. Chiseled jaw, stoic face, stern eyes and an unnerving gaze. Perfection. He had a well-built body with a tall frame. He seemed to be six feet five inches, or something closer to it.