"Oh, right! Kugisaki, can you go call her over?" Gojo asked, his tone still dainty.

"Yeah, yeah," Kugisaki sighed as she left the clinic room.

You noticed Gojo approaching you, his hands placed inside his pockets.

"Ever since the exchange event, your cursed energy has seemed a bit odd," He stated.

It must be because of Akane.

You didn't know if you should be telling the others this, but you still did. You spilt everything, including both Akane and the alleyway incident.

As Gojo listened, he grew more intrigued with every word. Suddenly, you saw a familiar leather cover from behind Inumaki's hands.

"Is that...?"

Inumaki glanced away, confirming your suspicions.

A soft sense of embarrassment seeped into you. How could they just read it? It's my diary...

You shook your head, realizing that it wasn't important at the moment.

"So a curse resides in your innate domain, and is a manifestation from your cursed energy?" Gojo asked.

In reply, you nodded your head.

"That explains why you can understand Inumaki. After all, a cursed spirit has exclusive abilities," Gojo uttered, turning towards the sound of a sliding door.

Next to Kugisaki was Ieri, her eyes still as tired as you remembered. Walking towards you, you noticed Ieri furrow her eyebrows. She had noticed too.

Asking Ieri to follow him, Gojo led her to a corner. Their conversation couldn't be overheard by the others and whispers only came vague. When they finished, they approached you, Ieri twirling a strand of her brown hair.

"You've mostly recovered, but don't overexert yourself. The tissues in your knee haven't finished being repaired, but you should still be able to walk as usual," Ieri explained, eyes scanning your knee.

"Alright then, you're free to go. I have a meeting and Gojo, you too," She said, waving at us as she left the room.

As you heard the door shut, you stretched your arms, glad to be finally awake again. After listening to Ieri's explanation, you knew you should be taking a break from training for a while. But with a new power and ability, there was a lot of work to be done.

* * * *

I wonder how Akane's cursed technique works.

The sky outside your dorm room's window was ablaze with the blazing setting sun. It was with a golden and rosy hue, bright with a flaming crimson sun.

After reciting 'aka' thrice, you watched as the few drops of blood on your nails turn dark. Enveloping your two left nails, you noticed that it really did look like normal nail polish, though nobody would see it since you'd wear a pair of gloves the whole day.

Suddenly, you heard a faint knock on your door. Getting up from the soft silk sheets of your bed, you hastily ran towards it.

You opened the door, a few strands of hair tangled and messy as you were in a rush. In front of you was Inumaki, his face slightly apologetic for bothering you.

"Do you need help with anything...?" Inumaki asked, fiddling with his hands.

Help?

An idea flickered across your mind.

Ever since your pair of daggers broke, you'd always relied on your cursed energy to do the trick. But to be honest, you wanted a cursed tool.

If I'm not wrong, I can imbue Akane into a weapon, right? Does that mean I can make my own cursed tool?

"Um, can I ask for a favor?" You questioned, tucking your hair behind your ears.

Inumaki's head perked up, curious at what you were going to say. What kind of weapon would Akane like? Remembering her kimono, you decided on something.

"Can you get me a well-crafted katana? It doesn't have to be a cursed tool," You asked, slightly surprising Inumaki.

Inumaki nodded his head, and you replied with a warm smile of thanks.

"Have you eaten dinner?" Inumaki asked, sneaking a peek at your once again messy room.

Chuckling, you responded,

"Nope. I might as well have packed ramen."

Suddenly, you noticed a plastic bag Inumaki was holding behind him. Handing it over to you, he stuttered a bit,

"I went to the city to get some dinner. It was a buy 1 get 2 for the chicken katsu set, and I... figured I might as well."

You felt your cheeks grow warm, your ears a rosy tint. You smiled, taking the bag into your hands.

"Thanks."

Inumaki grinned back, his lavenders eyes bright and sparkling like stars. Being able to have a proper communication with him felt like a blessing. Ruffling your hair, Inumaki leaned towards you.

"Have a nice meal."