🖤💙Silence (Hyunchan)

This story is based on a short story I wrote in my creative writing class this semester. It's pretty dark which wasn't the original intention when I first wrote it, but that's how it turned out, sorry to my teacher who had to read this out loud.

TW - mentions of blood and death

---

I really loved the snow and the cold. I loved being able to layer up coats and jackets to warm myself up. It was definitely much better than trying to strip as much as you could without getting arrested for public indecency during the summer months. Feeling the snow underneath my shoes gave me some weird comfort that I had been lacking recently.

It was starting to get late, and I was heading home with a friend that I hadn't seen in years. Chan was a childhood friend of mine, but after high school, he went off to pursue his dreams of becoming a musician. We talked a little bit while he was away, mainly through texts or phone calls since he rarely had time to return to his small hometown.

He was back now because he had a month's break in his schedule, and he wanted to see his family for a little bit before going back for God knows how long. We had agreed to meet up for a little bit today, and now we were walking back to my house to hang out.

The day was almost over, and it was getting dark, so there weren't many people around us that would stop us. Earlier, when everyone was out and about, we barely had time to ourselves since there was a constant, unwavering crowd around us. Having the massive audience with us the entire day made me nervous since he was openly gay, so there were bound to be rumors spreading about us. Chan being openly gay and hanging out and basically holding hands with another male in public... someone was going to start something.

When we were finally alone, I had brought up my concerns about those rumors and how they might ruin his reputation more than it was, but he was quick to reassure me that he was okay with them since he knew what was true and what was false, and so did I. The public was allowed to believe what they wanted and if they wanted to believe that the two of us were in a relationship, then so be it. I was okay with it as well since no one really paid that much attention to me anyway.

Now that it was getting dark, we were able to be closer with each other, walking side by side.

"So, have you met anyone recently? You never get personal in your texts or anything," Chan asked suddenly.

I was taken aback by the question, unsure where the topic came from, but I answered anyway since it would've been rude not to. "No, I haven't 'met anyone.' I'm so busy with my family, I don't have time for that," I laughed. I still couldn't figure out where that question came from.

"Interesting... What is it that you're so busy doing with your family that you can't go on a few dates with a man?"

"Well, I have to take care of my younger siblings with my mom, plus work and school. All of that is already a handful, and I don't need to add onto that pile," I explained, hoping that he would understand and move away from the topic. I wasn't one to talk about relationships so openly, even with friends like Chan, especially seeing as we haven't seen each other in a relatively long time.

"You're still not gonna tell me anything personal about yourself even though I'm right here in front of you?" he asked with a pout. He was definitely persistent in trying to get the answers he wanted.

"Nope. Now that you're a big shot star, I have to be careful around you. I can't go around giving you all the details of my personal life. What if you go around and use it to manipulate me? We can't have that, now can we?" I was only teasing him, seeing as he never got upset when I did so. Most of our conversations were built upon teasing each other, neither of us taking it to heart.