Ch.3 The Other Side of the Story

Start from the beginning

Inko: *chuckle* He is your son after all.

Toshi: *chuckle* No, he is our son.

(Later that night at dinner)

Inko: Dinner is ready! Izumi go get your brother he should be in his room.

Izumi: Ok.

Izumi went to Izuku's room and knocked and told him dinner was ready. He usually replied right away but unusually there was no response. Izumi knocked again but still no answer. She got worried and tried the door. To her surprise it was unlocked, she walked in and saw that it was empty except with the usual furniture. However, on the bed was a single note, Izumi confused and worried picked up the note. The moment Izumi read the note her world shattered, she didn't know how to react. Should she scream, cry, be angry, or all of the above. She did none of those she just stood there unmoving and broken.

She doesn't know how long she stood there it must have been awhile due to her mother coming to check on her and her brother. She doesn't even remember handing the letter to her mother, but she does remember the uncontrollable sobbing from her. This alerted her father who once read the letter went to a similar state to her. The Yagi household is never same after that, it truly felt like a piece of the family's heart shattered.

Dear Izumi, Mom and Dad,

I'm sorry about telling you like this but I have to leave. Don't worry it's not because of you guys. It's getting worse, how can someone live for 14 years and still not feel a single emotion. This is why I left. I'm going to find something, anything to make me feel. It doesn't even have to be a good feeling at this point. Izumi you were probably the best sister a boy could ask for I'm sorry I can't fully appreciate that and I'm sorry for ruining your dream. Mom we didn't talk a lot but I know you truly cared for me and when I come back I wish I can truly appreciate you. Dad don't blame yourself I was going to leave no matter what answer you gave me I was just telling you what I was going to do no matter the answer this was going to happen. I know how people treat quitters and I have come to terms with that. If it helps your reputation just say you disowned me. I will come back once I gain my emotions, if I gain them at all. And if you even want me back.

Until then,

Izuku

(As by law Time passed)

You can hardly tell any of the Yagi's are the same person after that day. Izumi became cold to everyone around her with her only communication with her family and close friend but even that is at an minimum. She went to her training as an coping mechanism. The once bubbly and carefree girl was gone. Inko fell into a depression and accused herself of being a terrible mother. She almost retired from her slaying completely but she knew Izuku probably wouldn't want that. Toshinori took it the hardest, he blamed himself for Izuku's departure even if the letter said otherwise. He just fell into his work doing mission after mission to just help him cope with the guilt.

Even with minimal interaction with Izuku, Izumi's friends were still affected by his departure without counting Izumi's change. Katsuki was absolutely furious, he couldn't understand why he quit being a Tsuguko but to him abandoning his family was unforgivable. Shoto didn't really care due to the little interaction but he was kind of annoyed because he couldn't get closer to Izumi due to her change. Shoka was depressed because she had a little crush on Izuku but she was to shy to confront him about it. Katsumi was also depressed but more because she missed her chance due to the fact she was going to ask Izuku out the next day. 

The public had a different view on Izuku's departure. They viewed him as an Deku or "a useless". The media had a field day with the news of Izuku's departure. He was slandered, belittled, and humiliated with the whole world to watch. The public felt bad for the Yagi family that someone so useless was in there family. To say the Yagi family was pissed is an understatement. 

The Yagi family wanted to find Izuku but two things stopped them. The first being that noone would help them due to the target of the search and the second was themselves they didn't want to stop Izuku. The hashira had mix reactions on Izuku's departure, the general reaction though was indifference.

It wasn't until a year later that Toshinori had to choose a new tsuguko due to the pressuring of HQ saying he needs a new one. He choose Izumi even though both individuals didn't want this because they believed Izuku deserved it and would return soon.

For the next three years Izumi trained for final selection to the point. That her Wind breathing was superior to Izuku's but Izuku was still stronger. Until finally it was time.

Izumi Pov

January 10

Father just told me that It was finally time for final selection. Katsuki finally developed his own breathing form, I think it was called Explosion breathing. He also taught Katsumi it. Shoka and Shoto I know are stronger due to the fact they use two breathings Flame breathing and Ice breathing. With Shoka stronger in Flame and Shoto in Ice. However, I know I still stand at the top in our age group. 'if Izuku was around you wouldn't be.' I wonder how Izuku is doing it just turned 4 years now? I just hope he is still alive and found what he was looking for. "Izumi it's time to start heading to selection!" "Ok I'll be done in a second!" I miss you brother.

End Chapter

Hello it's me the writer. Just wanted to say thanks for reading this and I hope you guys are having a good time. Just wanted to remind you guys after the next chapter, I will announce what the ship is. Momo at the moment is in the led followed close behind is no ship, if they tie somehow I'll just do a coin flip. Also no vote this time. Have a good day.