"Corpse!-" she tried to warn him, worryness in her eyes, concern in her tone, her feet moving by themselves forward, and her hands reaching out to grab onto him, but it was too late.

At the warning, the guy turned his body to the direction where he had just been, only to be met with a piece of glass smashing itself on his forehead, as the image of his father's eyes looking at him pierced through his mind.

It didn't take long before a red trail of a dense liquid slided down the guy's face.

Mac's feet moved on their own, as a reflex, pushing the surface beneath her back, in an attempt to get where her black haired devil was, his usual dark locks, now sticking to his forehead as the fluid spilled.

Nonetheless, she couldn't get close enough as a pair of delicate hands held onto her forearm forcefully, stopping her mid way through.

"Don't get involved, you'll only make it worse" a pair of green eyes stared at her as a soft melodious voice warned her.

Mac wanted to scream at her, she wanted to punch her and make her take her hands off her. She wanted to curse at her for not minding her business, for taking her boyfriend away from her, for acting so calm when he was bleeding.

But she knew it wasn't her fault at all.

Whatever it was she had going on with Corpse, it wasn't her fault, it was his, besides, she didn't know the whole story, she couldn't be quick to judge.

So she tried to breathe deeply, staying in her place and nodding to the woman beside her.

The green eyed girl, noded back at her, taking her hand off Mac as she did and going back to her composed posture, staring at the pair of men before them.

Mac stared at the girl for a second too long. She seemed to be in her 20's. If this was the girl Corpse had been with this whole time, she could understand why. She was beautiful,professional, mature, elegant, and classy. Mac was just a highschool girl. A senior. She ached at the thought of the woman before her givinging him everything she couldn't.

It ached, because why would he choose Mac over someone like her? No one in their right mind would.

Her roaming thoughts were interrupted by an elevated yell coming from the men inside the house.

"You owe me everything! You would be no one without me!" the older male had screamed.

"I don't owe you anything, in any case, you are the one owing me and my brother" Corpse replied, his voice calm, monotonous but tense.

"Why would I owe you two fuckers?" His question came out more as a statement.

If Corpse was aggrieved before, he was definitely infuriated now. His usual light eyes were as dark as Mac's, even darker, his brows furrowed so deep, he looked like a predator, his fists being clenched so hard, that his knuckles were turning white.

She couldn't take it anymore.

He was bleeding already.

He couldn't get more hurt.

He needed to get away.

They needed to get away from there.

So she ran, ignoring the girl's calls, just to hold onto the boy's arm, trying her best to pull her away from the man before him.

However, her hold was easily dismissed as he shaked her hand away and gave her the darkest side stare and burned her with his words.

"Go to the car, I don't want you to get involved in this."

His words were calm, comforting and caring. But his voice was resentful and his stare was distant.

Nonetheless, even if his voice was demanding, her feet seemed to be glued to the floor, stopping her from going elsewhere.

Mac knew her prescense there wasn't gonna help at all, she wasn't stupid. But the thought of him getting worse without her being there for him, broke her.

Corpse turned to his father, ignoring Mac's presence besides him, doing his best to cover her with his body, away from his father's grasp.

"My brother's freedom. That's what you owe him" his tone was dark, "he's locked up, because of something that YOU did"

The statement her boyfriend had just spat into the air, left her numb. His father was responsible for his brothers lock up? She remembered Corpse telling her he was worried about how he got there some months ago.

But then she connected the dots.

He had lied back then too.

He didn't want her to think his family deserved to be locked up.

So he altered the narrative.

Mac looked up at the man that was standing next to her, wondering how many times he had altered the truth just to prevent her from freaking out.

Did he think she was going to leave him because of something like that?

"Turns out he is a suspect of murder and right now he's imprisioned in Canada.They are asking for a vast amount of money to get him out,He is freaking out because he is stupid enough to actually believe that nonesense." Corpse had said back then

Suspect of murder

His brother was framed

His father wasn't freaking out because of his brothers imprisonment

It had been him

"I killed those pieces of shit, because they deserved it, you are my blood, you are supposed to serve me!" the Man practically yelled at him, "i should've killed you instead. You two are nothing more than useless crap your mother left me to take care of."

"So you're admitting you framed your own son?"

"Don't try to act all wise on me now, even if you try to do something to me, you have no proof."

So he had done it

He killed, and blamed Corpse's brother for it.

She just imagined how tough it had been for Corpse all this time. Holding onto this secret by himself, worried about his brother while sharing a roof with a killer.

With his father.

She felt tears try to hitch in his eyes, but she wouldn't give the man the satisfaction of seeing her cry.

That was until she heard a chuckle come from beside her.

A husky deep raspy chuckle.

Corpse was laughing? In a situation like that one?

"Actually, Emily has enough proof for the trial already" he commented, traces of a laugh in his voice, as blood continued dripping down his forehead.

Emily

Was it the girl that was there?

Questions made their way to her tongue as confusion invaded her mind.

But then it clicked.

"Hi, i'm Emily, His attorney" 

A.N: IM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!! i was planning on updating on sunday but i've been incredibly sick i coudn't even get off the bed without throwing up.

luckily, this chapter can compensate the late update! 

Finally we get to see who Emily is, im sure you didn't expect it

i wrote this chapter in only an hour so it really surprised me how it turned out.

Hope you like it!

-Em