Chapter Twenty-Five: The Arrival

Start from the beginning

"Hey, hey, hey!"

The squeaky voice belonging to none other than Peli Motto called out for them, her squat figure appearing a distance away. The droids spin around, focusing all attention on her, mechanical eyes staring at her quizzically as if half confused and half expecting an explanation from their owner. The fiery-haired woman approached Din and the foundling in his grasp whilst yellingat her droids. "Sorry, gang. Come on, you know he doesn't like droids!"

The tarnished robotics exchanged unintelligible words amongst each other, presumably in binary code. Din, recalling from past experiences that maybe—just maybe—not every single droid in the galaxy is all that bad and mistrustful as he'd originally believed, decided that setting his impeding fears and constant hard-headedness and allow the droids to work on his gunship would probably be most advantageous for him. After all, he was going to need Peli's assistance and complete regard on this matter to assist him and pinpoint the exact location of Mos Pelgo (which strangely hadn't appeared on the map he'd pulled up on his datapad earlier). 

"May as well let them have at it," Din announced, much to Peli's surprise. "The Crest needs a good once-over."

It's been through a few... obstacles recently.

"Oh, so he likes droids now!" Spreading her arms out wide, she directed her attention to the repair droids before dropping her limbs back down to her sides. "Well, you heard him! Give it a once-over." Her shoulders vibrated with soft laughter as the robots hurriedly rushed towards the Razor Crest. "I guess a lot has changed since you were last in Mos— O-ho!! Thank the Force!" Whatever she was initially going to say was erased from her mouth and mind as soon as she caught sight of the Child in Din's arm (who she hadn't noticed until now, apparently). She balled up her fists to portray the relief she felt upon seeing the green bean again.

"This little thing has had me worried sick." With her arms outstretched, she beckoned the infant into her arms. "Come here you little womprat!" She chuckled as the baby offered a coo for an answer, seemingly recognizing the woman who had also happened to have been held hostage by an aspiring bounty hunter in the not-so-distant past. "Ha! Looks like it remembers me. How much do you want for i? Just kidding, but not really. You know, if this thing ever divides or buds, I will gladly pay for the offspring— Hey! Oh, jeez!!"

Her words were cut shorter than anticipated when air began hissing violently from the droids' direction. A tube one of them were attempting to maintain in check was going absolutely crazy, spurting out aggressive gusts of air and spiraling out of its control. "Watch what you're doing up there! He barely trusts your kind. What, do you want to give all droids a bad name?" They continue being utterly incapable of constraining the psychotic tube, instead it eventually stuck onto the struggling droid's eye. Still, Peli shouted a brief,  "thank you!" before returning to Din.

The change in her facial expression insinuated something else appeared in her brain, and another bout of rambling on about a particular subject was coming up. "Hey, you know who I just remembered?" She paused, before blurting out your well-recognizable name.

And in that very moment, Din's stomach plummeted to the planet's core, an infernal fluttering in his chest accompanied by apprehension and irksome inner turmoil dominating him, plaguing, pestering, and tormenting him—which also happened to only occur when he heard your familiar name. Whatever that feeling was—whether it be regret or wretched heartache or... whatever—it was definitely undesirable, and Din often found himself burdened with those tedious emotions that were reluctant to disappear. And he wasn't in the mood today to explain what happened all those months ago, especially not after the fight he had earlier with Gor Koresh and his companions on that industrial planet.