𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Start from the beginning

"Hahaha! What's that look? I'll teach you respect!"

"Woah woah take it easy." You said waving your hands up and down in a way that seemed like you wanted the bird to calm down. Tanjiro picked up his fellow bird-friend and looked at it.

"When you say type of blood, what do you mean by that?" He asked.

"The blood of all living species can be broken into types, you see? The more scarce the blood, or the more uncommon it is, the more desirable it is to demons. Well you see, in terms nutritional value for marachi, it is at least a hundred humans." Your eyes widened upon hearing the crow say this. It did make sense. There are different types of blood so you've heard. And many are uncommon.

"A marachi is like a bountiful feast for them. A true delicacy for all ages."

Tanjiro took a sniff of the air and his eyes widened. You noticed his face seem to change to a serious and worried one. You had a feeling that you knew exactly what he was thinking.

He smells the demon coming closer.

You turned around to face the boy, "We're gonna head out. Keep calm. We are going to take down that demon." You put a hand onto the boy's shoulders. You looked to your side and saw Tanjiro crouch closer to Terruco.

"Terruco, listen to me, your brother is really worn out at the moment, so watch after him alright?" She looked up at him with fear. He placed a finger to his lips.

"Once we leave this room, use the drum to change areas. Just like your brother has been doing. If you hear anyone or anything coming close. Strike that drum to remove yourself from danger. We promise to come for you. I can follow your scent back, once we do, we'll call out both your names so you know its us," He placed his hands upon both their shoulders. "Can you do that for us?"

They looked at each other for a quick second and looked back up at the both of you and nodded their head. A sense of fortitude set in their orbs. You and Tanjiro stood up and faced the doorway where you could now hear the loud stomps of the demon.

"Damn insects..." Your ears perked up to the sound of the deep voice that echoed throughout the hallway of the mansion. The demon peaked it head out from the left side of the doorway. The bloodshot red eyes that screamed danger in your mind. He came out and stood facing the two of you. You took your sword and drew it, causing the sound to ring through your ears. Tanjiro followed pursuit and pointed his blade at the demon.

Time to finish what we started.

"So infuriating." The demon struck the right drum twice.

I know fully well that the drums on his shoulders rotate a certain way. The left one rotates left. And the right one rotates the room right.

You anticipated his moves and used your footing to rotate with the room.

I know how it all works. However, after Miss Tamayo healed me and Tanjiro, my bones haven't been fully healed. My broken ankle still hurts everytime I move, and my ribs hurt like hell. I know Tanjiro feels the same pain I'm feeling. I've seen the pain on his face. When he reaches up around his chest. This really sucks. I'm in so much pain right now I don't know if I'll be able to keep it up much longer. We shouldn't dive in to attack now, I'm afraid that if I charge forward, a flash of pain will make me falter. Then if that happens... I'll be torn to shreds.

You quickly jumped up nearly dodging the big claw attack that swept under your feet. The room changed at the same time. Just as you landed, you noticed the demon quickly strike its belly. Your eyes widened and you quickly jumped on the nick of time, however, when jumping, the invisible claw scratched your leg. You winced in pain, but kept going.