-Chapter Six-

Começar do início

I shrugged. "I forgive you, Reek, I know you were just looking out for me."

Clifford took me to get food from Chick fil A and then we rode around the city talking for a little bit. Suddenly we stopped and parked on an unfamiliar street.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Look to your right." He smiled looking at the building we were parked in front of. It was a tall gray warehouse-looking building.

"What is this?" I asked still not recognizing where we were at.

"This is gonna be my new nightclub." He looked so proud of this building, that really looked like nothing to me. "It's not much right now, but give me a couple of weeks. It's gonna be the hottest club downtown."

I smiled at him knowing how excited he was to get the club up and running. "I like it. I know you're gonna make it fye."

"Of course. That's also why I have Tyreek and Tati here. Reek is gonna be the manager and in charge of running a lot of the operations. Tati is gonna be in charge of the bar and bottle girls."

"Oh cool... so they're moving down here?"

"Yeah, they're staying with me for now until I can get one of my properties together for them."

"I didn't know you had properties, but I should've figured." Every rich nigga had properties.

"Yeah, I own some homes and condos that I rent out. Matter of fact if you ever want to move out of your dorm let me know, I'll put you up in one of my condos."

That actually wasn't a bad idea. Yeah, dorm life was a part of the college experience but I hated the lack of privacy and still being watched as if I was a child. I turn 21 in a few months and didn't need anybody babying me. "I wouldn't mind having my own space. I might have to take you up on that."

"For sure, just let me know and I got you."

—————

Over the next couple of weeks, a lot of things changed. Kyle and I still hung out but not as often and not by ourselves. I knew I didn't want to have sex with him again because I didn't want to risk falling for him and then him finding out Taylor's baby is his. I knew a baby would be a deal-breaker for me. I'm sorry but I don't want to be nobody's stepmother, I don't think I even want to have kids of my own so what do I look like taking care of someone else's?

Clifford had been working on the club nonstop. We still saw each other a couple of times a week but that would usually just turn into me chilling with Tati at the house while he and Tyreek handled stuff at the club. Me and Tati were actually getting really close and I was sad that she and Tyreek would be moving out of Clifford's house soon.

"How about this?" I asked Tati as I picked up a shirt off the rack we were standing next to. She scrunched up her face.  I rolled my eyes playfully as I put it back on the rack. Tati asked me to go to the mall with her to help her pick out an outfit because Tyreek was taking her on a date this weekend, but this girl was so damn picky. "Girl, I don't know how to help you." I threw my hands in the air.

"Stooooop!" She whined as she hugged me. "I appreciate your help, I'm just picky."

I grinned. "What about that?" I pointed to a dress hanging on the boutique wall. The dress was a cute satin slip dress with spaghetti straps and a deep v-neck. The shape was form-fitting down to the ruffle hem. It was perfect for a date night at an expensive restaurant.