Dwa // Two

[Ashton]
When I hear Maddie trying to introduce everyone, I turn my attention to the new guest that's joined us. As soon as I see Melody, it's like my whole world has stopped.
'Holy crap, she's gorgeous.' I think to myself whilst trying not to stare at her.
I know it sounds bad especially since I'm in a relationship with KayKay, but honestly at this point it doesn't even feel like a relationship but more like a close friendship.

"Wow what a great introduction there Mads" I hear her say sarcastically in response to Maddie
"Well you know Calum, my boyfriend, of course, this is Luke, Sierra, Crystal, Michael, KayKay and Ashton" Maddie points to everyone as she properly introduces everyone

"It's lovely to finally meet the best friend that Maddie has been going on about" I interject smiling softly at Melody
"Oh, uhm yeah. Lovely to meet you too" Melody lightly blushes shyly

[Melody]
I go and sit in the last available seat which just so happens to be on the sofa with Ashton and KayKay.
I've never felt so lonely, and also so on edge because Ashton is just gorgeous. I know that nothing will ever come of it because he has KayKay, but damn he looks good.

We all sit round the fire pit for hours, just talking about anything and everything. It starts getting chillier as the night draws in so I pull my legs up and wrap my arms around them trying to warm myself up, I would have asked Maddie for a blanket but I see she's too engrossed in her conversation with the others.

"Hey, are you alright?" I jump slightly startled as Ashton quietly asks me
"Y-yeah, just a little cold is all but it's okay" I reply

Ashton suddenly gets up and walks inside without saying a word and returns a short while later with a blanket.
"Here" Ashton holds the blanket out to me and smiles softly
"Oh, thank you. You didn't need to do that for me, what about KayKay?"
"Don't worry about it, she's got my spare hoodie if she gets cold"

Ashton sits back down, but this time slightly closer to me rather than KayKay leaving me feeling slightly confused. Why would he go out of his way to grab me a blanket and sit closer to me?

——————————————————

Hey Guys!
Sorry it's taken me so long to update, things got a bit crazy, my anxiety went crazy for a sort while and I couldn't think about what else to write but I've finally got this chapter sorted!
Apologies if it's a bit short, Christmas is coming up and whilst I'll still be working for most of it I will have some time to write. Hope you're enjoying this so far 🥰
- Cas