Chapter 19:

Jace
I awoke the next morning and glanced at the rune on my arm which now burned to an extent. It was the rune that connected Clary and I once, but it had faded or so I had thought.
I groaned in pain as it burnt again, and watched as it disappeared entirely.
"No-no"
I got dressed quickly and went into the library where Alec, Isabelle, Magnus, and Simon were.
"My rune binding us has disappeared entirely. It burnt early today as well."
Isabelle looked at me
"Oh no. Well we have discovered something."
"What!?" I demanded
"Yeah." Alec replied to me.
I tried not to show emotion knowing we had many false leads before.
Magnus showed me a location on the screen.
"How is that significant?" I asked.
Magnus looked at me, and cleared his throat.
"It's..." He took a deep breath "Valentine sent us a message to go there in two weeks. It has to be some kind of trap."
I ran my fingers through my hair in deep thought.
Isabelle looked at me
"We could go there and find nothing but a body."
I turned away from them, I knew that I had to know, but going meant no matter how hard I tried I wouldn't be able to stop hoping that when we found her she would be alive.
"We have to try." I said softly. "Why can't we go now?"
Magnus pulled up a picture. It was Clary.
"She's alive." I breathed out.
The picture had her in water. There was some sort of bubble surrounding her.
"Magnus what is this?" I asked.
"It's a powerful spell, unbreakable by force. The spell is set on a timer, when the timer runs out, the bubble begins to fill with water. When the bubble is full, it bursts. The victim is rendered unconscious, and they drown. Or, they're saved."
"This timer is set for two weeks from now at 6 p.m" Alec began
"And Valentine said if we showed up early he would kill her" he finished pointing to a trap set up with a remotely controlled arrow pointed at Clary from inside.
"How can I just sit around for two weeks knowing she's in the bubble?!"
Magnus sighed
"You have to, if we come before she will die, and when we go through is must be exactly at 6, which is when the water will begin to fill up. We will have to move with great haste."
I nodded.
"So then let's begin our planning, immediately"
We set up the plan researching everything about the landscape, where she could be, and our escape plan.
The two weeks couldn't have gone by more slowly. No matter how many times we went over all the plans it was too long of a time to wait. I still questioned if when we got there she would even be alive but I knew that I had to try for her sake.

I entered the portal the second it turned 6 p.m. I ran through the portal. I landed and ran towards the cliff. I crawled down careful, but very swift.
I reached the water right as the bubble burst, and she began to sink, I knew she was unconscious so I ran faster.
I dove into the water after her. I grabbed her, and swam towards the surface. I broke surface and took a deep breath.
I swam to shore and laid her on the beach. She coughed up water and opened her eyes. She looked at me.
"Hey Clare"
Fear filled her eyes. She jumped back and screamed. I reached for her but again she screamed stumbling backwards she ran up the cliff.
I chased after her, up the cliff. This was not part of the plan.
"Clary! Wait! Clary please!"
She continued to run, and when she reached the top Isabelle ran towards her.
She screamed again and ran away. Alec tried and got the same result. So did Simon, and Magnus.
"Clary please!" I yelled.
She stumbled back to the edge of the cliff and then came Valentine, and Azle.
"Stay away from her!" I yelled.
Valentine laughed
"It's you that's she's afraid of Jace, and the rest of you!" He laughed.
Then Azle snapped his fingers.
Clary screamed in pain and I looked at her. She had a green necklace around her neck. It turned black.
She looked up, and she was silent as always. She drew a sword and charged us.
"Clary?!" She swung at me and I ducked.
"Clary dammit!" Alec shouted.
Magnus shouted at us
"It's the necklace get the necklace off!"
Alec ran at her. She drew a portal and he fell through.
"Alec!" Magnus shouted and jumped after him.
Isabelle charged next. They began fighting. Isabelle grabbed the necklace and yanked. It turned green and Clary screamed in pure agony.
"Clary!" I yelled
Isabelle, shocked let go. She drew a portal and kicked Isabelle through the portal.
Simon dove in after her. I had known why both Magnus and Simon went after them. To keep them from disappearing forever.
It was just Clary and I now.
The necklace had gone black again. I charged we hit sword over and over. I grabbed at the necklace but she only screamed. She drew a portal however, I managed to avoid it.
I kicked her to the ground, and got on top of her. She moved to hit me, but I held her arms down.
"Clary." I rested my head against hers.
"Clary." I said again but softer this time.
Her eyes stilled momentarily. Then she flipped me over so she was on me. She put the dagger to my throat.
Valentine laughed. I panicked, and then there was a dagger through her stomach. She looked at me shocked. Azle snapped again. The necklace dissolved.
She fell to the Earth, and I leaned down to cradle her. Her eyes opened Emerald. I pulled her closer.
"I'll get you out of here. I'll heal you Clary. I promise." I pulled out my stele, and marked her skin where she had been stabbed. It began to work, healing the inside. But not the outside. It dissolved before that.
I ripped off my shirt and wrapped it around her stomach.
"Hang on Clary. Please." I reached down and began to lift her. She stopped me. Shaking her head.
She opened her mouth and for the first time in a long time she spoke.
"L-Let me go. I love you. G-Goodbye."
She closed her eyes.
"Clary, Clary?! No! Please!" The tears began to run down my cheeks.
"Please don't go Clary!"
"Please!"