Chapter 13 - LETHAL

Start from the beginning

He has technically tampered the evidence that would prove that she indeed committed suicide.

"We can't afford to have this kind of scandal." Levi blurted out.

"So what? We just hide the body?" Devon now was at his peak almost at the verge of crying.

"Don't you ever dare cry in front of me!" Victor was now turning his face towards Devon, he pointed at Liam, "Take care of this. You've already moved her body, why not do the disposing. We'll make a story out of it. Pretend that she's been abducted. We'll have her funeral in time. Just enough till everything would die down."

It was the worst thing that he'd ever heard from a Father. He cared for Kara and just the thought of her belonging to this family, devastated him. She didn't deserve this kind of fate.

But he thought, who was he to even think of it that way? Didn't he basically raped her on their wedding night? He does not deserve her and she did not deserve whatever fate they will have for her.

It was too much.

"Mr. Miller?" his thoughts were cut-off all of a sudden. "Are you alright?"

"I'd like to speak to my lawyer please."

Detective Morris stood there as he stared down at Liam. All he could do was sigh and leave the room. As soon as he left, Liam turned to his lawyer.

"Get me out of here. Please."

"Liam, the evidences are too strong against you. I don't think this is going to be an easy one. This not like any drug related cases you've been involved with. The accidents you've been through because of over dosage."

"Have you talked to Victor?"

"Yes. And he said, it's better if you go on your own on this one."

"So you're basically saying, I'm fucked!"

"It's not like that. We can still work on a plea deal. Your family is willing to stick with you on this."

"You know, the problem is, they got nothing to do with all of this! I'm fucked! I'm screwed!"

It dawned on him, all the things he has done for Victor's family would all ricochet on him. This is what he gets after all the insane things he had to go through for them.

"Fuck!" he started to turn the table in front of him literally that it startled his lawyer. Before he could do anymore damage, two officers came in and grabbed him from his arms to apprehend him.

He was going wild with how things are going. The family whom he has spent his loyalty with has now turned their back against him.

He was soon sent inside a cell with three other inmates.

He noticed how each one of them were filled with Tattoos all over their arms and back. One was taller than him and stood towering as they welcomed him.

"Fresh meat. Looks like we'll have some real good fun tonight."

The thought of this man touching him disgust him. He knew of such stories. How inmates torture their cellmates to gain sexual favors.

Just thinking about it made him feel overly disgusted. He does not deserve to be in this place. He can't be someone's escape goat. Especially not Kara's family.

"Hey, I'm talking to you."

He seemed to have gone deaf with what everyone inside the cell was saying. His eyes roamed around as he saw photos of women cut out from magazines pasted on the wall. The toilet was in one corner of the small walls while two sets of bunk beds will serve as their beds for every night that they would stay there.