02 : 𝖢𝗈𝗆𝗆𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋 𝖢𝗁𝗈𝗂

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, a couple of troops started waving to a distant vehicle. Commander Choi took off his rays to recognize the service carrying the deployed medical personnel. He walked over to where it parked, greeting a bright-mood guy, Corporal Pierre.

"Commander," he chirped and tipped his hat. "Good day, good day. Had a great sleep?"

"Not that I care to remember," Commander Choi gazed at the truck. "They're here?"

"Ah, of course. They're unloading their luggages at the moment I suppose. Would you like to meet them already?"

"If only I could memorize their names," he turned away. "But no. So, save it."

To his surprise, Sergeant Kang waddled over to the guests with a big grin. He then heard a girl's voice call out the sergeant's name in glee.

"Oi!" Maria flung herself to the soldier.

Sergeant Kang ruffled her hair. "Maria! You made it here!"

Commander Choi faced the latter in curiosity. Nurses and doctors jumped off-board with bags and trunks on their hands. There were about ten of them, one was currently holding a laughing Sergeant Kang. He assessed each faces as to judge their demeanor. So far, he wasn't impressed. All he could see were sleepy eyes, slouched spines, and wrinkly uniforms.

"Y/N," Doctor Hoon called. "Do you need help with the blood bags?"

"No, no, it's alright."

Commander Choi observed a girl struggle with a massive storage. She heaved it off the truck all by herself, rejecting any help being offered as she believed that she could do the whole task alone. He shook his head in displeasure. Day one and he's already spotted a pretentious, egoistic brat. Y/N wobbled, grunting by the weight of the carrier. As she walked, she didn't notice a standing commander in front of her; and Commander Choi, being quite stubborn, refused to step aside. Thus, she crashed onto him.

BLAG!

"Gargh!" Y/N fell to her butt. "Ah.."

Blood bags spilled out of the container as it slipped from her hands. One earned a hole, making thick, red goo spew out like some viscous syrup. Commander Choi picked it up and held it high for her to see.

"This could've been used to save a life. Aren't you proud of what you've done, miss?"

Y/N looked at him with stitched brows. Commander Choi stared back with a blank expression. He let go of the bag, making the content splatter everywhere, including Y/N's face. She flinched.

"What a waste." He pocketed his hands and walked off. "They should've picked a better nurse."

"Mm, don't mind him!" Maria surprisingly chirped from behind. "You'll get used to his attitude in a day or two!"

Her friend helped her stand and collect the fallen items, chucking them back to the carrier. Sergeant Kang insisted on lending a hand to carry it in which Y/N could no longer say no.

"Who is he?" Y/N questioned, referring to the pissy man.

"Commander Choi," Sergeant Kang answered. "Big boss."

"Is he always like that?"

Sergeant Kang shrugged. "Most of the time, yeah. We never knew why though."