On my way, I saw a sweats shop and recalled how Thalia wanted to eat those special strawberry jelly candies but we didn't buy them before. Now that there's a bit of money saved up, I can buy those for her and everyone else.

After buying, I look at the shopping bag thinking about how this world's currency is strange. I still can't get used to it. If I were to convert the original world's currency to this book, then 1$ would be equal to 500, 000 mels. Normally, this wouldn't be a good sign for a country's economy that is, if they were in the real world, but over here, there is no 1 mel. An average medium-class person's income is about 10 million mels. God knows why the writer made the currency like this, but then again, I still don't know why the writer even wrote a story like this and in the first place, I don't even know who the author is.

While pondering, I reached Ryker's building and was lead straight to his office where he sat in his massive chair in the center of the room with his enormous desk in front. Everything was golden. I was inwardly cringing at this guy's fashion sense. Golden chair with sharp red colored cushions. Golden table with even golden stationary. The white walls were covered with golden intricate designs. The only thing that wasn't golden was either the floor or me since Ryker was also wearing a golden jacket. Gosh, how much does he love the color gold? Is this gold even real or artificial?

"Are you here to talk about our wedding?"

His words make me come back from cringing his golden choices while I glare at him with disgust at the words he just uttered.

"The money has been transferred to your account and you should have received your money by now. If you don't believe it, then I have proof."

I threw the certificate of transaction proof that I got from the bank earlier to throw it on his face. He seems flustered but barely manages to catch that piece of paper. He reads it with surprise and after throwing it behind him adds,

"How did you manage to gather such a huge sum? Did you sell yourself?

This makes me roll my eyes, scoff, and hiss,

"Oh please, I am not like you and it's none of your business how I collected the money. Now that you have gotten your money, don't bother us again."

In response to my remark, he gets up in fury and angrily inquires,

"Who do you think you are talking to right now? Don't be so cocky just because you managed to pay this off. There is still the interest left."

"....the what?"

I blink in surprise. I didn't think of the interest. Everyone only ever kept talking about 600 billion mels. Was there even interest in it?

"Interest, my darling. 600 billion mels was the amount a few days ago. Every day there is an increase in interest. And the amount of interest doubled each time you asked for an extension to pay back, therefore there is still 12 billion mels left."

"....what proof do you have? Is it in the contract?"

"Of course."

Smirking, he takes out a piece of paper from one of the drawers and throws it at me. I instantly grab it and start reading it. In one of the clauses, it was stated that the investor and the person giving the loan has the authority to ask for his money back whenever, wherever, however, and he can also decide the amount of interest depending upon the need of the hour. I curse at the old man that was at the hospital for signing this contract without thinking about it. Papa should have been careful. Damn it.

"So, what do you think now?"

I glare at the jerk who proudly stood in front of me. Oh, how I would love to wipe that stupid smirk from this face.