"But Alex was playing as well."

I told on my sister who shrugged in response.

"No, she was studying. She told me."

Dad's statement made me narrow my eyes and glare at my liar sister.

"Dad's right. I was studying."

"How? You were playing while your book was open."

I continue to gaze at her with distrust.

"Well, the opened book counts as studying."

She shrugged.

Dad sighed,

"Why are our daughters like this?"

Seeing dad disheartened, I decided to cheer him up,

"Don't worry, Dad! In the last exams, I came in top thirty you know!"

"In your school or your class?"

He looked at me as if he didn't believe me.

"Well.....in my class...."

I replied with my voice gradually becoming low at the end.

"And how many students are in your class?"

"That.....well....thirty....."

"And your position was?"

"......30th....."

I gazed down, knowing that what I bragged about a few moments ago wasn't worth being so happy about. And encountering their gazes, I felt even more embarrassed.

"But you know, this guy in my class is going to be transferring schools soon so my rank will be up now!"

"Yeah Dad, she will be at the 29th position."

Alexandra remarked making everyone laugh.

Seeing them laugh, made me giggle as well until my eyes opened.

I sat up in the same bed that I went to sleep in last night. Different from the one I was in, in my dream. Or should I say that in my memories of my past life? Alex, Mom, and Dad.....I miss you guys so much. I start hugging my knees as I bury my head in my arms, in a body that I don't know whether to call mine or not.

However, if I have to be optimistic then staying here is better than before. Even if I go back now, there's no one there. After my family died in that car crash a few years ago, I've been alone since then. Although I still need to find the reason why I came here and there must be some way to go back since this is not right.

Suddenly the door opens without being knocked and in comes a petite girl in pigtails running and jumping on to me.

"Thalia? What's wrong?"

"You didn't wake up for breakfast so I was worried."

"I'm fine. I was just a little sleepy than usual. Have you had your breakfast yet?"

She nods her head and adds,

"Rhea, I am not sure if you have noticed but it's almost lunchtime now."

"Oh god! How long did I sleep?"

I suddenly got out of bed and went to get ready.

"I don't know. A few hours?"

Thalia replied to a question that I had originally asked myself.

After I changed, Thalia was still in my room, waiting for me. For some reason, out of all the people I have encountered so far, Thalia is the one that seems the most familiar to me. It's like I know her from somewhere. There's this strong sense of deja vu coming whenever I'm near here. But I am also sure that I have never seen her before in my life. And I couldn't have since she is a character from a book.