Breath

Tw : none

Monday

Peter pov

Something about Alia was off today sure she was smiling but it wasn't as bright . It felt forced . Her eyes held a sadness , a sadness he had noticed before but this time it had grown , gotten sadder .
Ned : dude
Peter : yeah ?
Ned : you're staring
Peter : i am ? , he said not taking his eyes off the girl he had gotten to know so well , the girl who sat in class pretending everything was fine .
Ned : yes now stop before it gets weird
I tried to pay attention to the lecture we were receiving in class but my gaze kept shifting to Alia , she was doodling in her book barely paying attention , we were given a free period. She bunked the rest of the lessons that day , the teachers didn't really care if kids bunked especially if it was a student with the highest gpa in the entire school . The school day droned on and on with no Alia . Something had to be wrong .

Tuesday

I was walking out of the school gates when i saw Alia , i remembered that we were paired together for science yesterday, but she wouldn't know that cause she disappeared . Making my way toward her i felt my hands start to sweat , i had always found Alia pretty and if i'm being honest she intermediated me .
Peter : h-hey Lia , shit i called her Lia , please don't notice .
Alia : oh , hey Pete , didn't see you coming , she called me Pete .
Peter : uh ... i - you - you missed science yesterday, we were paired for the project that's due next week
Alia : thanks for telling me , when do you want to go over the plans
Peter : whenever
Alia : sure . I'll check my schedule
Peter : can i get your number
Alia : huh?
Peter : for the project - I noticed a light blush on her cheeks as she burst out laughing, I wasn't sure if she was laughing at me or what i said , my cheeks heated up as a started to blush as well.
Alia : sure , give me your phone , i got my phone from my pocket and we brushed hands as i handed it to her , i may have backed away to fast and my phone fell , she caught it  , she put her number in my phone . I had Alia's number in MY phone .
Alia : Lia huh ?
Peter : Pete huh ? , we both laughed he
Alia : call me
Before i could say anything she started walking away . She called me Pete .

Wednesday

I noticed that anonymous had been offline for two days now . Mr. Stark and the others were worried , so was i but I wasn't going to show it , we had kind of friends who picked on each other a lot thing going on . School was boring and i got beat up by Flash again , i got a split lip . I was walking through the football field debating on whether or not i should text Alia . She still seemed sad and i saw her talking to MJ with tears in her eyes, they both disappeared for the rest of the period . By the time i got home May had left for her night shift , i finished my homework during free period so i had nothing to do then I remembered i had the project with Alia . I got my phone from my backpack debating on whether or not i should actually text her , or should i call , i don't know . I sat there for around three minutes before deciding that texting would be better .

Peter
hey Lia it's Peter from school . I'll send you what i have for the plan so far . Text me if you wanna hang
read at 17:46
By hang i meant for the project
read at 17:48

Lia
Hey Pete
Also i'll send you what i have for the project so far since we haven't really discussed it yet , if you're free i can come over on friday
We can also ' hang hang ' if you want

I just about stopped breathing , i had butterflies in my stomach, at least that's what butterflies are supposed to feel like right , this was unreal , she was unreal .

Peter
I'd like that , i'll call you then

Lia
sounds good , see u then

Thursday

I'll admit it i was actually getting really worried about anonymous, i had gotten to know her well , and i wanted to know what had happened . The rest of the day went by in a blur . Alia and I worked on the plans for the project , she's really smart , like really really smart . She had a ton of great ideas and i just sat there dumbstruck , watching her in her own space , seemingly happy for the first time in days . By the end of out session it was time to go home . I live closer to the school than she does so by the time i got to my apartment complex she said she would just continue alone . We said by and I watched her walk down the street before disappearing behind a corner .

Friday

We , me and Alia , were walking in the hallway on our way to home room when her phone started buzzing.
Peter : you can check that i'll wait
Alia : oh ok , I watched her as she unlocked her phone and check some messages I couldn't see the names properly but i could see it was a group chat , she sighed in frustration leaning against a wall , i had noticed her phone would buzz a lot in lass and she would ignore it .
Peter : you're not going to reply ? we still have time before homeroom y'know
Alia : it's not that . i've uh ... been ignoring my , she paused for a while a sad look washing over her face , uh my friends foe like a week , and I don't really have a reason , I can't explain why i did it i just had some stuff going on and I couldn't talk to them about it .
Peter : you can always talk to me you know that right ?
Alia : yeah well this isn't something that can be explained over text
Peter : do you trust them
Alia : , we were walking again , yeah i do , with my life but I won't tell them that it'll just go straight to heir heads
Peter : you said you couldn't explain it over text , and you trust them so just don't
Alia : don't what ?
Peter :explain over text , make arrangements to meet up with them or something, talk it over hot cocoa or something i don't know , you'll figure it out , with that we walked into class taking our seats across the room from each other . Halfway through the lesson out teacher left us with work , I assume Lia finished it early because after five minutes she went on her phone .

Alia POV
My week had been a total and complete mess , I was finding it harder to fake my smile , being happy in general was becoming harder , and in those ten minutes we were walking to class Peter helped lift a weight of my shoulders , i resisted the urge to hug  him and as we made our way to class I thought about what he said . Mrs Wilber left and I finished my work really quick . I took out my phone opening my messages app which had shown me that i had about sixty unopened messages, i took a deep breath and opened the group chat .