𝕭𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖉. 𝕭𝖊 𝖁𝖊𝖗𝖞 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖉.

Start from the beginning

And within it, the creaking noises of the wooden tiles was to be heard from the west wing of the Mansion.

No wonder that the blood of mine grew chill and curdled, that my flesh crept, that my heart beat irregularly, and I peeped fearfully over my shoulders.

My breathing was slow, yet fearful. I closed the book and slowly; without making a single noise, kept it on the table.

My eyes swiftly lingered, over every other odds and ends surrounded in the deafening silence of the room.

But then, I thought at the instant that I heard a heavy sigh of someone or somebody. I looked sharply round. No one was there. It must be my imagination, and I guess that a plainly distinguishable from the grain of the sycamire branches must had been tossed by the wind to and fro in the outer blackness.

I heaved a sigh of relief, and was about to rise up to head towards the passage leading to my bedroom.

Just then; there was a wild vibration of someone knocking at the main door. Immediately I sprung up from the sofa, my eyes swiftly landed over the door infront of me.

The sound of someone knocking at my door?

It felt as if, someone very uncommon, or rather an outrageous person was trying to forcefully get inside the house.

I saw the large door vibrating by the knocks of the sound, as if numerous people were in the other side of the part; I thought at the instant that I heard a heavy sigh of mine. I again looked sharply around. No one was there, it was just me.

The knocking sound was still to be heard.

Letting out a feeble breathe, I paused for a while as I arose, and snuffed up a candle which was nearest to my shaky hand. Trying to gain some more courage out of my heart, I sheepishly paced over the direction towards the part of the door.

I felt in the half darkness for the steps and the door; and if there was something like a creature with no eyes on the other side of the part, I must say, I would have shrieked a yell of terror.

I shook off my aimless terrors, blushed at my weakness and sought the door, only too curious to see anyone outside.

I slowly pulled the knob of the door and it opened. Making a gloomy, creaky noise like never before. While my heart was pounding with terror, as if I was in some ghostly-traps right now.

Just then there came a blinding flash of lighting. Immediately shading my other free hand infront of my eyes, and after that, when it past by.

My eyes slowly focused over the two dark figures infront of me.

A lump of saliva choked inside my throat. I experienced, while yet staring at the two figures, the chill and the shock of sudden alarm, and I knew, even in the act of throwing off the candle on the floor; and instead of running inside the hall with a frightful scream.

I frozed midair, staring stonily infront of the moving creatures. That I may presume. Wanted to kill me, or rather wanted to force me to sell my soul.

My blood was running cold, my mind reeled back towards the past.

That night! That fearful night! It-it would be . . .

A taller one among the two, was there standing in the left side. Bending a little towards the side.

He spoke in a querulous voice,

"Is this the L/n Mansion?"

And in a minute of time, I made no mistake to recognise the voice!